Eurodam Cruise Review

Eurodam Cruise Review by Hayley88

• Sail Date: Nov 2019
  • Destination: the Panama Canal & Central America
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom

We’ve sailed in HAL and I find they have excellent service. This was no different. I really loved the itinerary (Mexico, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Colombia and the Bahamas) and they had great choices for shore excursions. It was a lovely way to experience the canal and parts of Central and South America. Delicious food too. The ship is a little dated. Wonderful entertainment (classical Lincoln Center quintet, dueling pianos, singers, dancers, comedians, magicians, musicians).

My only quibble: terrible internet (no streaming and only one device at a time per payment). They shouldn’t be charging for internet which is now like charging for AIR and especially without streaming! Also they charge their employees for internet and I think that’s wrong when they work so much and need to stay in touch with family.

Loved all our shore excursions which I went on with my active 81 year old mom: swimming with dolphins (Puerto Vallarta), snorkeling (Huatulco, Mexico), Lake Atitlan (Guatemala, beware 2.5 bus ride each way plus 2 hour round trip boat ride), equestrian show at a ranch in Nicaragua, crocodile nature boat ride in Costa Rica, food tour in Cartagena, Colombia, surf horseback riding / kayaking in Bahamas and great Panama Canal experience.

Hayley88's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom

Well designed with lots of great efficient storage and did not feel cramped. Always cleaned several times a day. Overall comfortable. Midship. Loved our balcony.

Dolphin Swim

Could not have loved this more. Short trip from the ship, friendly lively dolphins, amazing dolphin tricks. Would have liked to take own photos but they dont let you and I didnt want to buy the photos they took. I looked awful.

View All 22 Dolphin Swim Reviews
Puerto Quetzal (Antigua)

Went to Lake Atitlan which is like the Crater Lake of Guatemala. Be aware there is a 2.5 hour bus ride each way, I am disabled due to Stage IV cancer complications but I was able to sit in an upfront disabled seat. Beautiful lake and lovely lunch. There are a mon if people trying to sell you things but they are just trying to make a living.

Corinto

Went to a wonderful equestrian show at a beautiful ranch. Loved watching the gorgeous horses and walking around the ranch. Nice lunch, dancers and music. Not a long bus ride.

Culinary Tour

It was blazing blazing hot and there was not much air con on our walk but our tour guides were good, the city is beautiful and we tasted fruit, juice, coffee, arepas with egg and sweets. I didnt love the food but I did love the experience.

View All 8 Culinary Tour Reviews

I like this Island and really enjoyed riding horses in the surf (it was so rough they cancelled the ride after ours) and kayaking. Its a beautiful island with lots to do.

View All undefined undefined Reviews

Saw a lot of crocs and birds, enjoyed our tour guide, not a long bus ride. Disembarkation was very disorganized, I think because of security rules at the port but it was fine once we got through that.

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Huatulco

Went snorkeling. Getting the equipment was rather disorganized but once we got it it was fine. Short trip by boat from the shop. Gorgeous fish. Mom got nauseous from the swell but that’s not their fault. Still recommend. Shaded area on the beach with chairs. Food and beverage available for extra charge.

Hayley88