Eurodam Cruise Review
1,131 Reviews

Zip Lining & Private Oasis at this Age!

Eurodam Cruise Review by Zanne208

• Sail Date: Nov 2019
  • Destination: the Panama Canal & Central America
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom

My sister is a 4 time mariner and after the loss of her husband of 56 years asked me to join her for a cruise that she and my brother-in-law had wanted to take during Thanksgiving. I did! I am 58 and had such a great time. I went without picking up any internet packages (no phone calls/texting, no FB...., -I called my husband 3 times in 16 days to check in. I was able to relax like I haven't in years. My sister gave me the choice of Excursions and with the exception of 1, we had the best time. Being afraid of heights she was not thrilled when my first pick was the Canopy & Zip Line tour in Costa Rica, but after her first line, she loved it and would do it again (she is 74). One of our other highlights, was do to Cruise Critic roll call, one of the passengers noted that they purchased the Palm Oasis in Half Moon Cay - WOW!!! It cost us each $117 to have our own private party!! We had a huge covered Cabana with a table setting for 12. They were their to great us when we arrived with food, and our lunch was unreal. We had a hot tub, float mattresses and snorkel gear that was all provided.....oh and a unlimited bar, all included. And yes the water and view were to die for. We didn't sleep in at all - we were up walking deck 3 at Sunrise, I just can't tell you enough how relaxed, how much fun I had. We met so many people, and thankfully we exchanged emails with some. Our dining crew was spectacular, we stayed at the same table due to our waiter Sumerta, Dining room 2, table 212. He not only served us, but entertained us. Thanks Holland America and my Sister for a AWESOME 1st Cruise!!

Zanne208's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom

I thought our cabin was just perfect. Can't imagine going without having a Veranda. Our cabin was quiet, couldn't hear our neighbors on either side.

Tried to add photo's, but was unable too.

Puerto Vallarta

This tour got cancelled, so we just took a Taxi with some people we met.

Huatulco

We took a taxi here - the ship wasn't here very long.

Puerto Quetzal (Antigua)

Coffee Estate & Antigua

Enjoyed the tour, they warn you about the Vendors.....ha ha

But like everyone, they need to make a living also

Corinto

We took the Rio Estate & Equestrian tour. We liked it - especially seeing how they were working with Handicap children. The estate is beautiful!

Zip-Lining

This was a blast. My sister is 74, I am 58. We are not in the best shape, but we were able to do this tour easily. And what a kick it was.

View All 39 Zip-Lining Reviews

They had a few birds that we hadn't seen in other places, other than that it was our least favorite.

View All undefined undefined Reviews

If you can find 12 people - this is the way to experience and enjoy Half Moon Cay

View All undefined undefined Reviews