Carnival Panorama Cruise Review

Great time on the new ship

Carnival Panorama Cruise Review by Wolfshair

• Sail Date: Feb 2020
  • Destination: the Mexican Riviera

We have a lot of fun on Carnival and chose this ship because it was new and we had never sailed from California before. We had never been to the Mexican Riviera. We did a back to back. The first week my daughter and her husband joined us. First, what did we not like... never having sailed from California before, I thought that southern california had similar weather to florida. No such luck. It was fairly cool in southern california. It warmed up in Mexico during the afternoon, but it just wasn't as warm as I prefer. That is all I can basically complain about. The ship was beautiful. It is more spread out than I was used to, so I found myself wondering if I needed to go to deck 4 or 5 lots of time. The port were very fun. As excursions we did the Camel and Mexican Outback in Cabo and Hidden Mexico in Vallarta the first week and a Whale watching, coastal tour the 2nd week. All of our excursions were fun and well done. When we did not take an excursion the 1st week we went to Stone Island at Mazatlan and hung out on the beach and stayed in front of a restaurant where we got free chairs and umbrella as long as we bought our drinks and some food from them. It worked out well for us, Lots of people trying to sell you stuff but we just kept saying no thanks and shaking our heads and they would go away. The 2nd week when we were not on excursions we did the board walks and had a great time there also. We stopped at a few places for drinks and had some lunch at the cheeky money in Vallarta and in Mazatlan we followed the blue line to the middle of town and stopped and had drinks and lunch at one of the paces there.

The food was fine, but we did not eat in any of the pay places this time. We did eat at the Mongolian Dining and the food was as good as always but I do not like the way they have set it up. You can only eat in Ji JI's Dining so if it is full they make you take a buzzer and wait. You should be allowed to get your food and take it down to the cafeteria.

We had a great time over all. Coming home the airlines managed to totally ruin one of my suitcases and we are working on getting it replaced.

Emma was our cruise director on the ship and she is an angel. Very personable, and funny.We also loved the new programs they had in the Liquid Lounge. Especially loved Soul Bound. Also the comedy acts were so funny. We went almost every night .

I recommend this cruise but I would go a bit later in the spring if I was doing it again.

Wolfshair's Full Rating Summary

We stayed in an interior cabin on the lido deck. The cabin was nice and we like to be on this deck for convenience.

Camel Ride

Did the camel and outback the first week and the whale watching with open bar the 2nd week. Great time at all.

View All 19 Camel Ride Reviews

Went into the rain forest, had a locally cooked meal, tasted some tequila, and took a boat back to the ship. It was a fun day.

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Whale Watching

Saw lots of w=hales and got great pictures but I am unable to downloas them.

View All 90 Whale Watching Reviews
Los Angeles

WE did go to the Queen Mary for dinner and looked around . It was a neat place.

Wolfshair