• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

First Time Cruiser • Age 40s

Sail Date: Feb 2008
Cabin: Balcony, obstructed view
Traveled with children

Five of us went on our second cruise - my parents in their 60s, my husband and I in mid 30s and 7 years girl. Last year we cruised on HAL's Noordam to Caribbean's. So for us everything was in comparison with the previous cruise. The only reason we went on this trip because we got a great deal for 4 nights. We wouldn't be able to afford longer voyages on QM2.

We had a B5 category cabin with obstructed view on Deck 8. We really enjoy sitting outside and even had a " piece " of the ocean to look at. Noordam's obstructed view balconies had the lifeboats right in front of the cabin and there is no actual balcony.

Food was OK. Didn't like layout of the Kings Court. Spent more time walking and gathering the food in different stations then actually enjoying the food. Breakfast was the best but repetitive every day. We tried Britannia restaurant for breakfast once just to realize that they serving the same food as in Kings Court. Lunch was just average for me. I found dinner in Britannia most of the evening just fine. Soups didn't have any flavor at all. Overall food on HAL's Noordam was much more superior. If you want to get a sit for Afternoon Tea, you have to show up at least 15 minutes earlier. First time we came in exactly at 3 pm and it was completely full. We also tried to get lunch at Golden Lion but around 11 am all the sits were taking by the people playing the game and they all stayed to lunch.

Balcony, obstructed view