Celebrity Edge Cruise Review

Celebrity Edge Cruise Review by butterfinger

• Sail Date: Jan 2020
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Concierge Class Stateroom with Veranda

We chose this particular ship and sail date, because it was to be the “maiden voyage.” Turns out the MV was for certain VIPs and travel agents and companies. I wanted to see the confetti, champagne and hear the ships whistle. You know, like you see in the movies!

I did enjoy the staff in our particular dining room- the waiter, assistant waiter and adult beverage server. The sommelier passed our table numerous times and never once stopped to speak with us. He did spend a lot of time at two adjacent tables.

Also, since I’m an older cruiser, but certainly not decrepit I found the lighting on the spiral steps leading to the DR to be too dark for me. Holding on to the stair rail and poking my way down was slow. Others had to go around.

Eden is certainly gorgeous but I certainly didn’t understand the concept. On another evening I went to the upper level to see a movies, outdoors. It had rained, but no one tended to the chairs, making it difficult to find a dry place to sit.

Our first excursion was in Key West, Old Town Trolley

Next: Cozumel catamaran sail & snorkel

Third was Costa Maya shopping. I wanted to snorkel the Mesoamerican Reef, but the departure was very early. Better to do that when closer to the site.

Fourth - Grand Caymans Snorkel.

After it is safe to resume sailing to Alaska and I do that trip, future cruises will be on those ships I remember and like

butterfinger's Full Rating Summary

Concierge Class Stateroom with Veranda
Cabin C3 7117

Catamaran tour

Always fun

View All 151 Catamaran tour Reviews
Snorkeling

This is a great place for beach toys

View All 340 Snorkeling Reviews