Celebrity Edge Cruise Review

Simply Amazing. By far, my favorite line and ship class.

Celebrity Edge Cruise Review by straightskinny13

• Sail Date: Jan 2020
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Sky Suite

First my apologies for the LATE posting to the wonderful folks at Celebrity Cruises.

I have been on many wonderful cruises with different lines. We have met so many wonderful cruisers and have enjoyed all of them for different reasons.

Over the last few cruises, my wife and I have decided to sail two different cruise lines and on the last 3 cruises, in a suite. Having sailed on Celebrity in a Concierge class many times, we upgraded to a Celebrity Suite to celebrate Suzy's birthday on the Equinox. We absolutely loved it. Once you try it and compare the value of what's included, we have decided to cruise in a suite. You receive a premium drink package, gratuities, wifi, & OBC.

We booked the Sky Suite for my birthday in January. You are whisked through check in at a separate entrance. You will immediately notice the difference in the EDGE class ships to the traditional style. There are many big +s.

The Sky Suite is about 60 square larger than the Concierge class but the design of the cabins on the EDGE are amazing. Lots of thought went into the storage and space. It really feels larger. We had some fellow cruisers from Aqua Class in our cabin and they felt it was very spacious. We will be trying the Celebrity Suite on the APEX in 2021 and we are looking forward to that.

I will tell you at first I was taken back by the difference in the style. The only thing I missed was Michael's Club. The Retreat Lounge was beautiful but didn't have a bartender. We were used to going for drinks each evening for dinner and that is the only negative I can say about the ship. We ended up going to a lounge for the evening Captain's Club gathering. The plus was the Retreat Lounge was available 24-7 which was really nice to get soft drinks or light refreshments.

The Retreat Pool made the entire experience so worthwhile. The beautiful pool furniture and staff were amazing. The Luminae Restaurant was right below the pool and served lunch poolside.

Eating at the Luminae was incredible each evening. Excellent service with the same staff (just ask to be seated in their section or you will be randomly sat). Suzy and I like to sit with the same staff each night. When we were on the Equinox, our waiter, Kurt, was on the ship and remembered us.

I have to mention Marco, our Maître D in Luminae. As I have mentioned, I have been on many cruises but I have never met a more genuine

We did eat at the Magic Carpet (our Asst. Maître D, Nona, was our server) and at Le Petit Chef (animated dining).

We had a butler along with our room attendant. Our butler Eleana was the most amazing person you would ever want to meet. She went above and beyond every day to ensure we were happy. She was so funny. We invited a couple down to the room for champagne one evening. Every day up to the 4th day, Eleana, iced our champagne. On the 4th day, we arrived back to our room to get ready for our guests. No ice in our champagne. We had to call Eleana. We had such a laugh (you had to be there with her accent - she said she just gave up on us).

Our room attendant was Alou. She was wonderful as well. For my birthday, they brought in cake, balloons, confetti, and Eleana brought in a nice bottle of champagne.

Most of the shops appear to be high end although we did not go into most of them. We did some window shopping and browsing.

Since we live in Florida, we stayed on the ship when we hit Key West. It has been a number of years since I have been to Grand Cayman and the two ports in Mexico, Cozumel & Costa Maya,

We enjoyed all 3 excursions but especially enjoyed the Grand Cayman Captain's Club excursion. A beautiful tour of Pedro St. James and a cave tour. At Pedro St. James, there is a rum tasting. The rum is good but there is a special rum that you can only purchase there. It is wonderful.

We did the dolphin tour in Cozumel and the Mayan ruins from Costa Maya. It is a heck of a ride from the ship so be prepared. It was very limited amount of people there since it was such a long drive but it was very enjoyable. I find it amazing that they allow people to walk and climb on the ruins. It was difficult to watch some of the fellow cruisers walk the huge steps up and down. I was really worried about them.

straightskinny13's Full Rating Summary

Sky Suite
Cabin S1 10200

I think this was an S1 (could be an S2). The cabin was wonderful. Amazingly appointed and designed. 304 square feet - about 60 square larger than C1,2,3.

I think most people would love the large bathroom. Above the double sink, you can slide the mirror open to view the room and balcony. The walk in shower is huge and the toilet has it's own door.

The king size bed is below the mirror. There is a slide out table by a full mirror that Suzy absolutely loved. A table by the couch with two chairs. The balcony was a traditional balcony with chairs and a small table.

Mayan Ruins

Wonderful excursion - This is one of the last ones you can visit and climb. It is several hours away from port so it is not very popular (well attended). It is enjoyable. I don't know why they allow people to climb on the ancient ruins. Eventually this site will be like the others. Roped off

View All 179 Mayan Ruins Reviews
Island Tour

Pedro St. James (house and Rum Tour), Cave Tour - all amazing

View All 209 Island Tour Reviews
Chankanaab National Park Tour

We did the dolphin tour at Chankanaab National Park. Although Suzy was apprehensive about going (animal rights, etc), we read some really great articles about the Park. We went and had a great time. Suzy still refused to do the push and pull (her personal preference). I will admit, it was a little shocking at first. Even through you knew it was a dolphin, your mind would race a bit. All 8 of us in the section had a great time. Reminder - if you buy the photo package - you only have 30 days to download them. Upgrade to the premium package and enjoy food and drinks.

View All 256 Chankanaab National Park Tour Reviews