Viking Jupiter Cruise Review

Delightful, super friendly, crew and great dining!

Viking Jupiter Cruise Review by sawcha01

• Sail Date: Mar 2019
  • Destination: the Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: undefined

This was my first cruise and I wanted an adult experience on an upscale vessel to explore the Mediterranean. Viking exceeded my expectations in every regard from service to dining to cabin comfort. I have already booked my next cruise with Viking - a river cruise this time on the Danube - and have plans for yet another voyage next year, this time a trans-Atlantic trip. The crew was universally proactive in their efforts to make sure everyone was comfortable and satisfied, so much so that I asked if I might hope to see them again on other voyages to other destinations. This was important to me - the feeling of welcome and being appreciated, not just another passenger. I especially enjoyed the dining options whether buffet, theme nights or 5-star restaurant style. Always excellently prepared options and impeccably served. The desserts were a particular delight! The shore excursions were varied and included unexpected opportunities. Enjoyed all of the adventures, especially the tour of Barcelona with an outstanding local guide and the off-the-beaten-track visit to the Noilly Pratt vermouth location in France. The trip began in Barcelona and ended in Rome. I have often thought that I would like to make the same trip again, starting in Rome next time, but there are so many other tempting Viking itineraries to consider that it may be a while before I get back to the Mediterranean.

sawcha01's Full Rating Summary

The cabin was spacious, the beds very comfortable, the seating area was generous and comfortable and the bathroom had double sinks. Storage was excellent.

sawcha01