Viking Jupiter Cruise Review

Loved It All!

Viking Jupiter Cruise Review by DorisDallaire

• Sail Date: Aug 2019
  • Destination: the Baltic Sea

Friends really wanted to do a Viking Baltic Cruise and I went along. We arrived in Stockholm two nights before departure and had time to stroll around the city on our own which was a great thing to do. Boarding the ship was a simple process as was disembarkation on the last day. The ship itself is beautiful, simply but comfortably decorated and the rooms were nice and roomy. I loved the Atrium area on the first and second floor with it’s cozy seating in small groups to either read, listen to the great musicians, play a game or just relax with friends in a homey and intimate atmosphere.

The staff was wonderful, so caring, so helpful and so friendly. We felt like family and were sorry to leave them behind at the end. The entertainment each evening was something we looked forward to and they were very talented people. It was nice to see them throughout the ship and be able to chat with them.

I loved the shore excursions and how well organized they were. Finding our group was a simple process that took little time and soon we’d be on our way with knowledgeable local guides to tell us about the places we were visiting. The only exception was the guide Ursula we had in Copenhagen. She was not very forthcoming and only gave the minimum of explanations and could not answer the questions various guests asked. All the others were excellent. I believe that for some reason, we were sent to her group despite having originally been assigned to a different group, perhaps because her group was smaller and this was meant to even things out in the end. I wished we could have been in our original group as she seemed very informative at the start before we were reassigned.

I had to visit the clinic and was so impressed with their caring and efficiency. The female nurse was particularly wonderful and knowledgeable, but unfortunately I can’t remember her name.

The staff at the excursions desk on the first deck were ever so helpful and so accommodating, always available without too much of a wait if at all. Mostly someone was available as one arrived to ask a question or change a booking.

And the food! So wonderful and tasty both in the main restaurant and on the 7th deck. My one comment would be perhaps offering suggestions for hearth healthy items. I did find the food very rich, particularly in the Restaurant, and portions of vegetables with the main courses could have been larger. Vegetables seemed to be a decorative item on the plate. I enjoyed my lunches more because on the 7th deck, I could chose more vegetables and fruit and smaller portions of protein and rich foods. Probably in the Restaurant, it was geared more to American tastes where they eat fewer vegetables and larger amounts of protein and rich foods. But I ate there every night because of the service.

I absolutely loved my cruise!

DorisDallaire's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Veranda 4061

Our cabin was lovely, large bathroom, well appointed comfortable room. It was kept so clean and tidy by the staff. One flaw was where the opening to the closet was, With two people in the room, it was awkward to get at.

DorisDallaire