Avalon Poetry II Cruise Review

Avalon Poetry II Cruise Review by Terric11

• Sail Date: Apr 2018
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Outside Stateroom with French Balcony

I have always wanted to go to France and see both the countryside and the city but didn't think it's was possible until my boyfriend found this cruise on Avalon. It was wonderful. Everyplace we went there was something interesting to see and do (I'm a bit of history bluff and France has a huge history that goes back 1000s of years). The cruise size was also attractive to me -- approximately 110 fellow cruisers -- nice pleasant people. I was so impressed with our cruise director, Jean Lupe, who made sure everything went smoothly and gave us a presentation of the history of France which was both factual and humorous. I do have to say the French have the market on chocolate, bread, wine and cheese. The food on the cruise very good. There were singers and dancers several times during the cruise for entertainment. I can't wait to go on this cruise again.

Terric11's Full Rating Summary

Outside Stateroom with French Balcony

It was nice. Plenty of room to put things aways. The bed was comfortable. As it was April and somewhat chilly , we didn't open the balcony window that much. It warmer weather, it might be nice. It was nice and quiet. I think that's mainly because demographics. I think most people on the cruise where between their 50's and early 70's. The room was made up sparkle everyday.

Terric11