Nautica Cruise Review

Nautica Cruise Review by SRQTravelgirl

• Sail Date: Dec 2017
  • Destination: Africa
  • Cabin Type: Concierge Level Veranda Stateroom

This was the longest cruise I have ever taken, and I never traveled as a solo traveler (age 52) before. From 650 guests on board, 450 knew my name during my adventure. I have met endless wonderful people who I exchanged e-mails with. Giuseppe, the general manager, solved an issue I had with my cabin and resolved this matter quickly and to my absolute satisfaction. The food was excellent, but the wine selection could use some improvement. I chose the "magic card" which allowed me to drink any alcohol beverages. Knowing that each glass of wine plus an 18% gratuity on top of it was "not knowing the price" well worth it for me. However, some wines I could not choose with my unlimited beverage card because it did not allow for bottled wines, only the ones by glass. Otherwise, I enjoyed 99% of all excursions I had chosen. The entertainment was wonderful even though I think it could improve a little. What I missed was yoga or meditation classes. I would have been perfect offering those for sunrise or sunsets.

I loved this cruise so much that I booked the world cruise directly on board and I am looking forward to many more adventures.

SRQTravelgirl's Full Rating Summary

Concierge Level Veranda Stateroom
Cabin A3 7112

The cabin was spacious, but I had terrible allergies (feather & mold allergies) and woke up with swollen eyes and a stuffy swollen nose every single morning. The cabin steward helped me to with putting on a full mattress cover over the mattress in my cabin (I brought it from home since I knew that there were feather comforters / pillows in the cabin before my arrival.) I honestly think that there was mold in the AC ducts, so I requested to change the AC filter in my cabin if there was one....? I also noticed that other guests were coughing, but could not single out if that was from a common cold that was going around, of if that was due to the AC conditions. Mold can also be in the carpet....BEST would be to have hard wood flooring, but maybe one day these things will change. The TV channels were poor, so I rented a lot of DVD's at the front desk, but offering movie channels would be definitely a big plus. The WiFi was sporadic and while being away from my business for over 30 days it was imperative to be connected at all times.Improvements could be made on the deck in the back where I had my daily breakfasts. There was no WiFi at all.

However, I am not a complainer and as I said, this was a fantastic cruise and I booked the world cruise right and then.

SRQTravelgirl