(Updated 4:06 p.m. EDT) -- With many ocean and river cruise lines having suspended service around the world as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, keeping track of the seemingly minute-by-minute changes to the cruise industry can be challenging.
We've got you covered, with the latest information on when cruise lines will resume cruising. The information here will be regularly updated, though return to service dates are subject to change based on a variety of factors.
For a look at which cruise lines require full vaccination against COVID-19 as they resume service, visit our Vaccination Information page.
When Will Ocean Cruise Lines Resume Service?
Adventure Canada: January 7, 2022
AIDA: Sailings resumed March 20, 2021 aboard AIDAperla. Additional voyages will restart in late May in Greece.
Alaskan Dream Cruises: Operations resumed in Alaska in April 2021.
Aqua Expeditions. Aqua Expeditions' ship Aqua Blu opened in Indonesia for local Indonesia residents in August 2020.
Aurora: October 29, 2021
Australis: September 2021
Azamara: August 28, 2021 on Azamara Quest
- All cruises on Azamara Pursuit and Azamara Journey are suspended until September 2021
Bahamas Paradise: July 2, 2021
Blue Lagoon Cruises: June 1, 2021
Captain Cook Cruises: Operations resumed December 19, 2020
Carnival: July 31, 2021 with several exceptions:
- Carnival Breeze and Carnival Vista in Galveston, as well as Carnival Horizon in Miami, are still being kept in the hopes that cruising will be able to resume in July.
- Carnival Legend's European itineraries have all been canceled.
- Carnival Miracle's planned seasonal service from San Diego has been suspended until further notice, and sailings out of San Diego that were available for sale through April 2023 have been canceled, with the exception of seven voyages to Hawaii, which will move to Long Beach. If Alaska opens up to cruising in summer 2021, Carnival Miracle will be moved to Seattle.
- Carnival Liberty: sailings from Port Canaveral from September 17 - October 18, 2021 are canceled for drydock work.
- Carnival Sunshine: sailings from Charleston from October 11 - November 13, 2021 are canceled for drydock work.
- Four ships that were scheduled for drydocks in the first half of 2021 – Magic, Paradise, Valor and Legend – won't return to service until the work is done, and are due to return to service in November 2021. More information on ships returning in 2021.
- Carnival Radiance's dry dock and transformation has been moved to September, with a planned arrival to Long Beach in November 2021.
- Australia voyages aboard Carnival Splendor are canceled through September 17, 2021, while sailings aboard Carnival Spirit are paused through the September 12, 2021 sailing.
Celebrity: July 1, 2021
- Sailings in Asia, Australia, New Zealand and South America are canceled fror the 2020-2021 season.
- In addition: The May 1 Transatlantic crossing on Apex; May through October 2021 Europe and transatlantic cruises on Celebrity Edge and Celebrity Constellation will also be suspended.
- Voyages aboard Celebrity Millennium will begin from St. Maarten on June 5, 2021.
- Voyages aboard Celebrity Apex will begin from Athens, Greece from June 19, 2021.
- Voyages aboard Celebrity Silhouette will begin from Southampton, U.K. from July 3, 2021.
- Voyages aboard Celebrity Flora will resume in The Galapagos Islands on July 4, 2021.
- Voyages aboard Celebrity Xpedition will resume in The Galapagos on July 24, 2021.
- Voyages aboard Celebrity Xpedition resume in The Galapagos on September 18, 2021.
Celestyal Cruises: May 29, 2021
Coral Expeditions: Coral Adventurer resumed operations in January 2021.
Costa: May 1, 2021 aboard Costa Smeralda only; May 16 aboard Costa Luminosa only.
- Crystal Esprit: August 2, 2021
- Crystal Serenity: July 3, 2021 on new cruises from the Bahamas.
- Crystal Symphony: August 5, 2021 on new cruises from Antigua.
- Crystal Endeavor: July 17, 2021 on new cruises from Iceland.
- Queen Elizabeth: Summer 2021 for new UK-only voyages. Existing voyages are cancelled up until October 11, 2021.
- Queen Mary 2: November 14, 2021
- Queen Victoria: September 10, 2021
Disney Cruise Line: July 1, 2021 for Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy. Cruises calling on a Canadian port of call, including Disney Wonder sailings, are postponed until February 2022. Disney Wonder sailings to Alaska are not officially cancelled yet, however (April 7).
Disney Magic will begin UK-only "staycation" voyages in June 2021.
Dream Cruises: Sailings resumed in the spring of 2021.
- Balmoral: July 1, 2021 on UK-only voyages.
- Bolette: August 16, 2021 on UK-only voyages
- Borealis: July 5, 2021 on UK-only voyages.
- Braemar: April 15, 2022
G Adventures June 1, 2021
Hapag-Lloyd Cruises: Limited sailings resumed July 31, 2020 aboard Europa 2 and Hanseatic Inspiration for German, Swiss and Austrian residents only. Europa and Hanseatic Nature will resume operations in September. Bremen has left the fleet. Sailings were canceled through November due to rising COVID cases; voyages will resume December 1, 2020.
Hebridean Island Cruises: May 2021
Holland America Line: July 1, 2021, except:
- Cruises departing from or ending in a Canadian port of call have been cancelled through the remainder of 2021.
Hurtigruten: July 4, 2021, from Dover, U.K. on MS Maud (note Norwegian coastal voyages have continued through the pandemic for Norwegians only).
- Select expedition itineraries aboard MS Fram, MS Fridtjof Nansen and MS Roald Amundsen are canceled through July 2021.
- Expedition sailings aboard MS Trollfjord are canceled entirely.
Lindblad June 2021 for Alaska and Galapagos sailings. All other destinations TBA.
The Majestic Line: May 18 2021.
Maple Leaf Adventures: June 3, 2021
Marella Cruises: June 25, 2021
Metropolitan Touring: Metropolitan restarted Galapagos voyages on August 2, 2020.
- All North American Caribbean voyages are canceled until July 1, 2021
- All South Africa cruises until at least November 2021.
- Voyages for UK passengers only will begin aboard MSC Virtuosa from Southampton from May 20.
- Mediterranean sailings aboard MSC Seaside will begin May 1, 2021.
Norwegian Cruise Line: September 2, 2021 except for the following ships:
- Norwegian Jade: July 25, 2021
- Norwegian Joy: August 7, 2021
- Norwegian Gem: August 15, 2021
NYK Cruises November, 2020 and resumed again on March 26, 2021.
Oceania Cruises: August 29, 2021, from Copenhagen.
P&O Cruises: June 27, 2021, though only for domestic sailings.
P&O Cruises Australia: September 17, 2021
Paul Gauguin: August 21, 2021
Pearl Seas Cruises: TBA
Poseidon Expeditions: June 2021
Princess Cruises: May 15, 2021, except:
- Sailings aboard Diamond Princess, cancelled through November 8, 2021
- Caribbean Princess: July 1, 2021
- Ruby Princess: July 1, 2021
- Enchanted Princess: July 1, 2021
- Voyages to Alaska from Vancouver have been cancelled for the entire 2021 season.
- Cruise to Alaska from Seattle are cancelled through June 27, 2021.
Quark Expeditions: June 2, 2021
Regent Seven Seas: September 11, 2021, from the U.K.
Ritz Carlton Yacht Collection: The first ship for Ritz Carlton, Evrima, will debut November 10, 2021.
Royal Caribbean: July 1, 2021, except:
- Sailings aboard Quantum of the Seas, and Odyssey of the Seas in Singapore and Israel, respectively;
- Sailings aboard Spectrum of the Seas in China, which start April 29, 2021
- Sailings aboard Adventure of the Seas from Nassau, which begin June 12, 2021.
- Sailings aboard Vision of the Seas from Bermuda will start on June 26, 2021.
- Sailings onboard Anthem of the Seas from the U.K. will begin on July 7.
- Sailings onboard Jewel of the Seas from Limassol, Cyprus, will begin on July 10.
- Spirit of Adventure: July 26, 2021
- Spirit of Discovery: June 27, 2021
Sea Cloud Cruises: August 6, 2021
Seabourn: Seabourn has paused its fleet until the following dates:
- Seabourn Odyssey: July 18, 2021 on new voyages from Bridgetown, Barbados.
- Seabourn Encore: July 3, 2021
- Seabourn Ovation: July 3, 2021 with new voyages from Piraeus, Greece.
- Seabourn Quest: November 7, 2021
- Seabourn Sojourn: July 3, 2021
SeaDream Yacht Club: June 16, 2021
Scenic: July 1, 2021
Silversea: Sailings will resume beginning in June 2021 aboard Silver Moon.
- Silver Cloud: June 14, 2021
- Silver Wind: November 20, 2021
- Silver Shadow: June 7, 2021
- Silver Spirit: June 10, 2021
- Silver Muse: June 3, 2021
- Silver Whisper: June 20, 2021
- Silver Explorer: May 28, 2021
- Silver Moon: June 18, 2021
- Silver Dawn: November 9, 2021
- Silver Origin: June 5, 2021
- Royal Clipper: August 3, 2021
- Star Flyer: August 7, 2021
- Star Clipper: November 13, 2021
Tauck: July 1, 2021
TUI (Mein Schiff): Mein Schiff 1 and 2 operate voyages through the Canary Islands. Mein Schiff 5 will sail from Crete beginning in May 2021.
UnCruise Adventures: May 7, 2021
Variety Cruises May 14, 2021
Viking Cruises: May 22 for three U.K. coastal cruises; June 2021 for new departures from Bermuda and Iceland.
Virgin Voyages: August 6, 2021 for Scarlet Lady for a series of coastal cruises from Portsmouth, England; and for its second ship, Valiant Lady, November 14, 2021.
Windstar Cruises: On March 26, 2021, Windstar announced it will return its fleet to service on the following schedule, excluding voyages to Alaska, Mexico or the United States:
- Star Breeze – June 19, 2021 – Caribbean
- Wind Star – June 19, 2021 – Mediterranean
- Wind Spirit – July 15, 2021 – Tahiti
- Wind Surf – August 8, 2021 – Mediterranean
- Star Legend – September 4, 2021 – Northern Europe
- Star Pride – November 3, 2021 – Caribbean
Zegrahm Expeditions: TBD
When Will River Cruise Lines Resume Service?
Amadeus: Amadeus resumed service in Europe for international passengers July 27, 2020
AmaWaterways: July 1, 2021, except Portugal Douro sailings, through June 15, 2021.
American Cruise Lines: ACL restarted in March 2021.
American Queen Steamboat Company: AQSC restarted March 21, 2021.
APT: June 1, 2021
Arena Travel: June 22, 2021
A-ROSA River Cruises: May 10, 2021
Avalon Waterways: June 16, 2021
Captain Cook Cruises (Murray River): Resumed operations in late 2020.
Century Cruises: Century Cruises restarted for Chinese passengers only on August 12, 2020.
Crystal River Cruises: August 29, 2021
Emerald Waterways: July 31, 2021, on the Douro River.
Fred. Olsen River Cruises: River voyages are canceled for the 2021 season.
Gate1 Travel: August 1, 2021
Grand Circle: Small ship adventures resume August 2021
Pandaw: Voyages in Myanmar cancelled until further notice.
Riviera Travel June 1, 2021
Scenic: July 30, 2021
St. Lawrence Cruise Lines:: June 24, 2021
Tauck: July 1, 2021
Teeming River Cruises: TBA.
Titan: July 1, 2021
Travelmarvel: June 1, 2021
TUI River Cruises: August 2, 2021
Uniworld: Early May, 2021
Vantage Deluxe World Travel: June 2, 2021
Victory Cruise Lines: TBA 2021
Viking River Cruises: June 1, 2021