(1 p.m. EST) -- A new podcast offers listeners a chance to experience one of the highlights of taking a Crystal cruise.
The new series, called Crystal Storyteller, features exclusive presentations offered onboard the small-ship luxury line, including conversations with novelists, actors, journalists and newsmakers.
Each episode is focused on an expert guest speaker from a 2019 Crystal voyage in conversation with the ship's cruise director. Topics cover not only the speakers' respective areas of expertise, but also highlights of their cruise and anecdotes about their lives, careers and personal interests.
"Crystal's comprehensive onboard enrichment program has long drawn praise from travelers around the world," Keith Cox, Crystal's vice president of entertainment, said in a statement. "The Storytellers podcast is a wonderful opportunity to bring the intriguing dialogue and perspectives presented onboard to guests wherever they are in the world. The podcast delivers innovative entertainment and education for listeners to further expand their interests, passions and general knowledge of the world."
The first episode is devoted to Kathy Reichs, novelist and television producer of the hit series "Bones."
It's available on the Crystal Insider blog and all major listening platforms, including Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcast, Pandora, Stitcher, Castbox, TuneIn (available through the Alexa app), Overcast and Pocket Cast.
Our Favorite Things Aboard Viking Venus
Regent Seven Seas Splendor Returns to the Seas
Love Luxury Resorts? Here's Why You Should Cruise Seabourn
Most Exciting Luxury Cruise Ships For 2021
Ritz Carlton Yacht Collection To Debut In 2020
The Blue Eye Lounge On Ponant's Explorer-class Cruise Ship
5 Ways A Seabourn Cruise Will Make You Feel Special
The Most Luxurious Cruise Ship Suites at Sea - Video Guide
Highlights From Regent Seven Seas Explorer
Crystal Cruises' Submarine -- Cruise Critic Tries It Out On Esprit
The podcast will role out weekly episodes through Jan. 28.
Other guests include:
- Bruce McGill: American actor known for his memorable roles in both film and television, including National Lampoon's "Animal House"
- General Anthony Zinni: Retired United States Marine Corps Four Star General, former Commander in Chief for the United States Central Command (CENTCOM) and former special envoy to Israel and the Palestinian Authority
- Melissa Manchester: Grammy Award-winning singer, songwriter and actress
- Michelle Lee: Performer, philanthropist, award-winning actress, singer, director and producer
- Scott Kelly: Former military fighter and test pilot, engineer, retired astronaut, former commander of the International Space Station and retired U.S. Navy captain
- Ken Walsh: Notable journalist, author and historian
- Sir Michael Burton: Former member of the British Diplomatic Service
- Leslie Morgan Steiner: "New York Times" bestselling author, columnist for the"Washington Post" and renowned speaker on work/family balance
- Kevin McCollum: Tony Award-winning theater producer and partner to Crystal Cruises' Crystal on Broadway programming
- Rob Caskie: Legendary storyteller specializing in South African history and early Arctic and Antarctic exploration