(11:50 a.m. BST) -- Saga has revealed details of seven new cruises for 2021, including a headliner 83-night sailing which will be the longest journey yet on its new ship Spirit of Discovery.
There will also be six European voyages on its second new-build vessel, Spirit of Adventure, which launches in August 2020. These include a themed stargazing sailing hosted by an astronomer and onboard photographer who will give talks and provide tips on capturing images of the night sky.
The epic "South America: A Grand Voyage" takes in the Amazon, Cape Horn, Punta Arenas, Rio de Janeiro, Buenos Aires and Montevideo. The clockwise circumnavigation of South America begins with an Atlantic crossing to Brazil and a week's cruising through the stunning Amazon rainforest. Other highlights include discovering the wilderness of Patagonia, passing through the Panama Canal and visiting Ecuador and Colombia. There will also be optional tours to the Galapagos Islands and Machu Picchu in Peru.
All of the new cruises are round-trip sailings from Southampton. The South American itinerary on Spirit of Discovery departs on January 6, 2021, with fares starting from £17,324 per person.
The other sailings in the new programme are:
- 14-night "Constellations of the Canaries" cruise departing January 5, 2021 from £2,449 per person.
Former Cruise Ship Captain Offers "Ghost Tours" of Empty Cruise Liners in South England
Cruising Saudi Arabia aboard Scenic Eclipse
Inside Cabins On Cruise Ships: Whose Is Best?
Wonder of the Seas Construction Update: Sea Trials
Our Favorite Things Aboard Viking Venus
The Most Exciting New Ships In 2021
Inside Look: The Haven On Norwegian Cruise Line
Regent Seven Seas Splendor Returns to the Seas
Silversea's New S.A.L.T. Program
Wonder of the Seas Completes Sea Trials
- 16-night "Exotic Morocco and the Canaries" sailing, including guided hikes and yoga classes, departing January 19, 2021, from £3,024 per person.
- 15-night "The Beautiful Canaries" itinerary, including calls at Lisbon and Madeira, departing February 4, 2021, from £2,892 per person.
- 16-night "A Norwegian Aurora" cruise, with an included excursion to seek out the Northern Lights, departing February 19, 2021, from £3,117 per person.
- 15-night "A Taste of the Mediterranean" sailing, including paella and tapas-making classes plus chocolate and wine tasting, departing March 7, 2021, from £2,799 per person.
- Eight-night "Scandinavian Rhythms" itinerary, taking in the changing of the Royal Guard in Copenhagen and historic Haga district of Gothenburg, departing March 22, 2021, from £1,475 per person.
Prices include chauffeur service to the port from within a 250-mile radius, drinks, gratuities, Wi-Fi and optional travel insurance. There is also an early bookings deal offering a 35 percent saving on fares.