(3:00 p.m. EDT) – Equinox, Celebrity Cruises’ only ship to sail the Caribbean year-round, has emerged from dry dock with a slew of new features such as exclusive areas for suite passengers, the line's popular Le Petit Chef experience and an all-new Craft Social bar. It is the third ship in the fleet and the first in Celebrity's Solstice class to undergo the Celebrity Revolution, a $500 million program to upgrade every ship in the Celebrity fleet by 2023.
“Celebrity Equinox holds a very special place in the hearts of everyone at Celebrity Cruises, and also for our guests; this one-of-a-kind ship continues to be the most awarded in our entire fleet,” said Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, president and CEO of Celebrity Cruises.
“Now, emerging from her dramatic modernization, our guests are going to love the new, ‘revolutionized’ Celebrity Equinox even more. There is no better way to experience the Caribbean year-round than on board this stunning ship.”
The ship-wide upgrades include:
- The addition of The Retreat for suite guests, including The Retreat Sundeck, an exclusive sun-soaked hideaway, and The Retreat Lounge (formerly Michael’s Club)
- Le Petit Chef and Le Petit Chef and Friends, two interactive dining experiences offered in Qsine, during which the table comes to life as tiny animated chefs help to prepare your food
- A completely reimagined Passport Bar
- Craft Social (formerly Gastrobar), a casual spot featuring more than 40 craft beers, wine and cocktails on tap, comfort food favorites, flat-screen TVs and leather seating
- Refreshed staterooms and suites ship-wide
- Interactive S.T.E.M.-focused programming for young cruisers, offered in the kids' club
- Digital enhancements across the ship, such as the addition of RFID lock technology and Xcelerate WiFi, as well as the brand’s industry-first facial recognition technology with the implementation of the Celebrity Cruises app, allowing smooth port arrival and expedited boarding, plus additional features including guest-to-guest chat and digital room keys
- New treatments and products offered at The Spa by Canyon Ranch, including three new Signature Couples’ treatments, Dyson Supersonic blow-outs, Mink and Rapid Lash services, and new customized facials by Reveal Machine
- New retail offerings, including John Hardy Boutique, Kate Spade and a new watch boutique featuring Shinola, Hublot and other Swiss watch brands
In total, Celebrity Equinox was in Cadiz, Spain, for 29 days (starting on May 4, 2019) while the upgrades were completed.
Cruise Critic and JJ Cruise : Our Experience Onboard Celebrity Edge (June 2021)
Our Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Experience: March 2020 vs. July 2021
Q&A with Celebrity Cruises' Captain Kate McCue (2021)
Back on Celebrity Silhouette: Here's What It's Like On One Of Our Favorite Ships 15 Months Later
Cruise Critic | EatSleepCruise: What's It Like Onboard Celebrity Edge?
Celebrity Millennium -- Video Tour & Ship Review (2021)
Celebrity Apex -- Video Tour of The Magic Carpet
Q&A: Cruisers and Crew Chat About The Joy of Cruising's Return
Celebrity Apex -- Eden
Celebrity Apex -- The Retreat
Celebrity Apex -- Video Tour of the Infinite Veranda Cabin
Q&A with Celebrity Apex's Cruise Director
Celebrity Apex -- Pools & Resort Deck
Celebrity Apex -- Embarkation Process (2021)
Celebrity to Restart from U.S. Homeport, PLUS Royal Caribbean Given Green Light for Test Cruises!
Coin Ceremony For Celebrity Cruises' New Ship, Celebrity Beyond
Martini Bar Bartender Pours 15 Martinis at Once on Celebrity Cruises
Cruise Critic Tours Celebrity Edge
Celebrity Edge First Look: 3 Revolutionary Dining Experiences
Celebrity Edge Sneak Peek: Why You Should Be Excited About Celebrity Cruises' Newest Ship
Celebrity Edge Shipyard Hyperlapse Tour
What’s New On Celebrity Silhouette? - Video Tour
Photo Tour of Celebrity Reflection
Celebrity Silhouette's Conveyance (2011)
After Celebrity Millennium kicked off the program in 2018, Celebrity Summit was the second ship to get the Celebrity Revolution treatment (read our review of those modernizations). Celebrity Silhouette is the next ship scheduled to be upgraded, with an expected completion date of January 31, 2020.