(8:30 a.m. GMT) -- Singer and comedian Des O'Connor, former British politician Ann Widdecombe, Eddie 'The Eagle' Edwards, "Dallas" actress Linda Gray and Princess Diana's former butler Paul Burrell, are among this year's line-up of onboard speakers announced by Princess Cruises.
Actors, singers, musicians and athletes will take to the stage on the line's UK-based ship Sapphire Princess when it sails from Southampton during spring and summer 2019. The line-up marks the third year Princess has hosted a U.K. speaker programme.
Each of the 12 guests will give a 45-minute talk followed by a question and answer session and passengers will also be able to attend meet-and-greet sessions, including photographs and book signings.
"After two successful UK-based speaker programmes we are thrilled to announce its return for a third year," said Tony Roberts, vice president Princess Cruises UK & Europe. "As well as welcoming back firm favourites including Linda Gray and Eddie The Eagle we're looking forward to hosting new celebrities with a wide range of backgrounds and interests.
"With Sapphire Princess returning to the UK for a second season it gives us great pleasure to offer our guests the chance to hear from such a well-known group of speakers, who will further add to the wide range of entertainment and activities we will already have onboard."
Guest speakers on the 2019 line-up are:
- David Walsh (sports journalist, four-time Irish Sportswriter of the Year and three-time U.K. Sportswriter of the Year) on 11-night Canary Island cruise departing April 16.
Former Cruise Ship Captain Offers "Ghost Tours" of Empty Cruise Liners in South England
Photo Tour of Regal Princess
Carnival Corporation Introduces the Ocean Medallion at CES
Gavin Macleod - Capt. Stubing On "The Love Boat" -- Cruise Critic Interview (2013)
Cruising Saudi Arabia aboard Scenic Eclipse
Our Favorite Things Aboard Viking Venus
Wonder of the Seas Construction Update: Sea Trials
Inside Cabins On Cruise Ships: Whose Is Best?
The Most Exciting New Ships In 2021
Regent Seven Seas Splendor Returns to the Seas
- Tessa Sanderson (former British Olympic gold medallist javelin thrower and heptathlete) on seven-night Scandinavia cruise departing April 27.
- Allan Dennis Rich (songwriter, former Oscar, Grammy and Golden Globe nominee) on 14-night Baltic Heritage cruise departing May 4.
- Ann Widdecombe (former Conservative Party politician, contestant on "Big Brother" and "Strictly Come Dancing") on seven-night Norwegian fjords cruise departing May 18
- Paul Burrell (butler to Diana, Princess of Wales) on seven-night Spain and France cruise departing May 25 and 14-night Baltic Heritage cruise departing June 1.
- Samantha Bond (actress, Miss Moneypenny in "James Bond" and Lady Rosamund Painswick in "Downton Abbey") on seven-night Scandinavia cruise departing June 29.
- Gok Wan (British fashion consultant, author and TV presenter on "How To Look Good Naked" and "Gok's Fashion Fix") on seven-night Norwegian fjords cruise departing July 6. As part of his stay Gok will also host a 'red carpet' fashion event onboard.
- Duncan James (British singer, TV presenter and "Hollyoaks" actor) on 14-night Mediterranean Explorer cruise departing July 27.
- Eddie 'The Eagle' Edwards (former British Olympic skier, portrayed in the biographical film "Eddie The Eagle") on both the 14-night Mediterranean Explorer cruise departing July 27 and seven-night Norwegian fjords cruise departing August 10.
- Des O'Connor (British singer, comedian and TV presenter on "The Des O’Connor Show” and "Countdown") on 14-night Mediterranean Adventurer sailing departing August 17.
- Linda Gray (actress, Sue Ellen in "Dallas" and Mrs Robinson in "The Graduate" theatre production in the West End) on both the 14-night Baltic Heritage cruise departing August 31 and 24-night Canada & New England cruise departing September 14.
- Fatima Whitbread (former British Olympic javelin thrower and world record holder) on 24-night Canada & New England cruise departing September 14.