• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

WhereToNext5050
2-5 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Aug 2021
Cabin:

This ship is in need of some time in dry dock! My cabin had no heat, had mold around the window, and the shower/toilet combo smelled like sewage. The ship’s generators both were broken for several hours one evening meaning no power. The lounge is shabby and tired. The zodiac engine quit one day and passengers had to be rowed back to the ship. And - the anchor cable broke!

The website told me I would be on hikes with knowledgeable naturalists. The education is one of the reasons why I choose these small ship cruises. Well, IF you are able to participate with the strenuous group, you got the knowledgeable naturalists as a guide. On a moderate or a leisurely hike, you didn’t. On a leisurely hike we were led by kitchen staff. Nice people - but not naturalists.

Through the week, only a couple of PA announcements about wildlife sightings. So, some of us missed out because we were not in the right place at the right time.

Location good on the main deck, easy access to dining and the lounge. And being an inside cabin, my window looked directly to the water. Upper decks have cabin windows looking onto the walkway around the ship so privacy is an issue. One night I sat on my bed looking out the window and watching bio-fluorescence - very cool. But my cabin was good for a single, very cozy for a couple.

1 Helpful Vote