Seabourn Encore Cruise Review

Half a cruise!

Seabourn Encore Cruise Review by Muddle

• Sail Date: Mar 2020
  • Destination: the South Pacific

After four Seabourn journeys, I can say the experience is so enjoyable that I have no interest in trying other cruise ships. Comfort, food, service etc all first class. Furthermore I make three points:

(A) whoever thought up and/or designed the Town Square concept should be given a double bonus;

(B) the system operated by the banks where one’s account is automatically closed down after(about) an unused five minutes would go down well with those of us who forget to close off our wifi accounts; and

(C) the talks by Captain Martin on early and very early and very very early exploration of Asia and particularly the Pacific were outstanding and informative. Is there a DVD? I will buy. Every Australian child should be sat down at school and at home to watch. I knew much, but doubt that my grandchildren know any of it.

The decision to terminate in Adelaide rather than carry on back to Sydney as per our original itinerary, was the correct one. Sitting off Sydney with eleven other cruise ships would have been our experience. Well done Seabourn!

I should add that I found the handling of the termination of our cruise was impressive. The Captain and crew kept us well informed of the situation, and handled efficiently and at short notice, all the arrangements associated with complicated and short notice re-bookings, and our departure. A key reason disembarkation went without complications was because there were (apparently) no illnesses on board, thanks to competent and active hygiene supervision by the crew, particularly in the dining rooms.

Muddle's Full Rating Summary