Explorer Dream Cruise Review

Dream Holiday Onboard Explorrer Dream

Explorer Dream Cruise Review by mlrrsingh

• Sail Date: Feb 2020
  • Destination: Australia & New Zealand

As promised, here I come with my detailed review of the Explorer Dream. On 2 Feb, we boarded the cruise at Auckland. We thoroughly enjoyed right from the time we checked in our luggage. Contrary to my doubts that there would be a long queue waiting for baggage drop, I was pleasantly surprised that there was hardly any que and the helpers were too quick to take my luggage from me. Then came the boarding part and what a smooth boarding was it. Once again, due to concerns of Corona virus, I was thinking about long wait. Dream cruises had devised plans not to cause inconvenience to low risk passengers. We were already on deck 7 Grand Piaza within a few minutes. Welcome soft drink was offered but I am not a fan so let that go. I was approached for a drink’s package and found $75 package for 10 drinks irresistible. Why wouldn’t I when premium beer was on offer.

We then made our way to the Lido for afternoon tea. We were impressed with all the precautions and cleanliness. As I am not a big eater, I enjoyed small portions, but could see several people digging on hard on the delicious food. I was impressed.

As were several friends with partners, we headed to our cabins. What a treat? I was impressed with my Ocean View State Room on Deck 9. Several power socket options, USB charging options, fridge, cleanliness of the bed and bath room and the views from our balcony. I thoroughly enjoyed the sunrise from balcony every morning with a hot cup of tea.

We had our first dinner at the Lido. With good spread of food, I could not complain as I am not a big eater. Some people did find the spread a bit too limited as compared to some cruises.

Our second dinner was at the Dream Dinning Restaurant (inclusive with the cruise fare). The staff that greeted us at the entrance of the restaurant and those who served food were all very pleasant. I was highly impressed the way they tried very hard to ensure that we were treated well. There was no need for advance booking. Just queue up. Although, it was a very popular dinner venue so sometimes we had to postpone our meal until the time there was space for our whole gang.

We enjoyed the shows every night. The quality was amazing. We visited, Gisborn, Wellington, and Dunedin and enjoyed the outing including arrangements for shuttle and sightseeing. I can provide more info if required. Here I will not elaborate that as the review is for the cruise not for sightseeing.

There were several on board activities and I personally loved the trivia, Pingpong and dancing. It was an amazing bonus when lovely Russian dance instructor picked me to be her partner in demonstrating the dance moves. She is beautiful, graceful and of course skilful.

Every morning I enjoyed the gym and burnt few calories as lovely food and drinks would have otherwise added extra kilos around my waist.

There was lots of food, programs, activities and not enough time at hand. I would love to take Explorer Dream again and enjoy the lovely cruise and company of amazing staff and activities. I hope I can get my old cabin every time I cruise in future. All the best all cruisers and enjoy cruising.

mlrrsingh's Full Rating Summary

Lovely decore and clean. Plenty of power sockets and USB charging stations. lovely experfience.

Cable car