MSC Preziosa Cruise Review

Avoid completely - terrible food, terrible service, even got food poisoning

MSC Preziosa Cruise Review by cruiserky95

• Sail Date: Jan 2020
  • Destination: the Caribbean

My girlfriend and I have cruises with other cruise lines before and thought we would give msc a try mainly due to the itinerary. What a mistake.

It all started with booking. We purchased on msc.ca. The purchase of the cruise was fine but we came to learn we could not book any excursions online or shuttle transfers since the website did not work. Why launch a site if it is not ready!?!!? Online check in also did not work so we had to call. Wait time are ridiculous, around one hour on average. The people on the phone were very told and no help at all. We came to learn a week before the cruise the person who supposedly checked us in on the phone actually didn’t, also ended up having to buy all excursions on board for a higher price.

Embarkation was ok, not as smooth as other ships. We had a hard time finding our room. We asked front desk to help but she essentially said she was to busy and sent us on our way again. Very rude.

Food was not good throughout the whole cruise. Everything was warm or cold, nothing hot. Very bland, some meals we couldn’t even eat it.

Went to to excursion desk to book excursions since couldn’t book online as previously stated. The people I talked to on the phone said the online discount was available to people who booked though the Canadian website since the website didn’t work. Staff on the ship refused to give me it. I booked 1600$ worth of excursions and offered to pay and they said I couldn’t pay my sea pass off until the last day. 20 minutes later I couldn’t get drinks even thought I bought the drink package, turns out there was to much money on my sea pass and I actually had to pay it right away. This is a common theme on the boat, no staff no what their doing.

Also, drinks we terrible. Should have stuck to the beer package as mixed drinks were terribly inconsistent and bad. I always asked for club sofa and vodka and constantly ended up with vodka and water. Staff didn’t even know how to make a basic mimosa.

4 days into the cruise I wasn’t feeling well and laid down. I ended up being very sick to the point where I was passing out. I went to the doctor on the boat and ended up with a 500$ hospital bill. Doctor confirmed it was food poisoning, likely from the breakfast buffet (maybe other cases?). This was 100% the food on the ship. We did not eat off the ship since 4 days prior to this before getting on the boat. Front desk refused to refund me for the hospital and excursion desk refused to refund us for the 2 missed excursions even thought it was confirmed my sickness was due to bad food on the ship. They also refused to give me a discount on my drink package even thought I couldn’t drink for half of the cruise due to antibiotics. I was told to call msc when I got home and they could probably compensate me but when I called they refused to do anything. 2 days i was so sick I couldn’t even leave my room, the other days I was feeling good enough to leave but not really enjoy anything.

Entertainment was okay, not nearly as good at other cruise lines.

The only good thing I can say is the pizza is great and the ship is really nice. They guy who cleaned our cabin was also nice. I will note that that cabins are okay, but much smaller then other boats I’ve been on.

Other then that, everything was trash. So bad I would have feather stayed home. Don’t waste your money, other cruise lines such as royal Caribbean are MUCH better and not much more money.

cruiserky95's Full Rating Summary