Viking Star Cruise Review

Athens to Rome Cruise

Viking Star Cruise Review by jp23

• Sail Date: Dec 2019
  • Destination: the Mediterranean

We had a fantastic time over Christmas week on this cruise of the Mediterranean. We had taken a Viking River Cruise and has such a wonderful experience, I trusted the Ocean cruise would be equally great. It was - in fact, even better! The ship had so much to offer, I actually looked forward to the "at-sea" days to fully experience it all. The dining options and quality of the food surpassed my expectations; the service was top notch - everyone really seemed to LOVE working for Viking. I was so impressed with the tour guides that led us at each one of the excursions - they were knowledgeable, friendly and really captured the essence of each town/city. We did a mix of Included and Optional Tours - and all were equally fascinating and well led. I also loved all the thoughtful "extra's" on board - like videotaping the educational programs and Port Talks so we could watch them in our rooms later and didn't have to stress if we were busy enjoying some other activity. Best of all, I never felt crowded - there was always plenty of space, personalized attention and great fun to be had!

The only difficulty we had were the United Airlines flights both coming and going - every leg had either cancellations or delays and resulting missed connections. Viking was able to help re-book us after one cancellation, but it made for two very long and stressful days. I will probably opt to book my own flights in the future to ensure ample time for connections and more direct routing.

jp23's Full Rating Summary

Loved the extra space and added storage. Well worth the upgrade we opted for!

jp23