Sun Princess Cruise Review

Sun Princess Cruise Review by manebrandt

• Sail Date: Jan 2020
  • Destination: Australia & New Zealand
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

It was my first cruise and what an amazing experience I had.

The crew really makes an effort to keep you happy, there are lots of entertainment on board, some are excellent like the shows and invited guests, and others a little repetitive and tedious like musicians playing and singing every night the same songs, old songs. I have to mention the cruise director Jody, she is an extraordinary person, she was always smiling no matter what was happening and how "emotionless" were the people, and I'm still wondering how can she have high heels and run from one extreme of the ship to the other all day long and still be as bubbly and happy as she is, she is amazing; another one that was entertaining and funny was Robbie, funny man that made everything fun and sparkly with his craziness.

I have to mention how good was "Share" by Curtin Stones restaurant, amazing food and the prices are so affordable that you will be surprised, remember to go hungry because you eat so much you won't believe it, and the staff at Share is out of this world, they go extra miles to make you feel special, I have to mention the MaitreD Daniel, what an amazing man and a very skilful waitress Mireya, these people made us feel like kings and queens.

The ship has everything you need so next time you go on a cruise don't take too much stuff with you, everything is provided for you. I can't wait to go back on a Princess Cruise soon!

Two bad reviews, sorry, the coffee is not good, they need to hire proper baristas. Second, there are no Vegan options at all in any of the food restaurants or food courts, there are only vegetarian options but no vegan, which made my holidays a little more complicated trying to have a proper vegan meal, maybe these can be considered to make Princess Cruises the best Cruises of all.

manebrandt's Full Rating Summary

Balcony

Very clean and had the necessary space to be comfortable, the same with the toilet; cabins were cleaned twice a day and you had always all you needed at all times.

Perth (Fremantle)

Fremantle port embarkation day was very quick and organized, there is a lot of helpful staff that will guide you all the way until you are safe and comfortable in the ship.

Port Lincoln

At Port Lincoln we were received by a local band, it was so cool, then the whole excursion day was fantastic, we went to so many places and learnt about Port Lincoln history.

It was a too-long drive in the city with barely any information about where we were, then we got dropped off at the mall with no guidance in what to do or where to go, it was a gigantic mall so it was hard to know what to do or where to go, so we walked and walked until we decided to have some lunch and by the time we went to buy something it was already time to go back to the bus, we were late because we got lost and we were afraid to lose our bus back to the ship, then again another long drive in the city and that was it, I didn't like it at all.

View All undefined undefined Reviews

Excellent excursion and staff, Burnie is beautiful and our tour guide Warren was amazing. I highly recommend this excursion.

View All undefined undefined Reviews

This excursion was very well organized, it was a great experience, our tour guide Gary was magnificent, the only problem was that because it was cold and there were a lot of older people in the bus, they didn't want to get out of the bus in a very nice spot to take photos and the ones that wanted to get down couldn't do it, so this was unfair because this was the first time I was in Kangaroo Island, so maybe next time stop anyway.

Hahndorf Walking Tour

Great tour, too long on the bus but too short to enjoy all the beautiful places to go in Hahndorf.

View All 14 Hahndorf Walking Tour Reviews