Grand Classica Cruise Review

Great! Would go again for sure.

Grand Classica Cruise Review by tampasteve2

• Sail Date: Jan 2020
  • Destination: the Bahamas

I am not a new cruiser, I have been on close to 30 and love it! I bought the tickets for this trip during one of Bahamas Paradise's sales (which are ongoing) and felt like we had a good deal. I also upgraded to the "Concierge Package", which was also a good deal when all of the perks were added together. The ship was less than 1/2 full, so there was plenty of space everywhere. The ship is styled like an older ship, but it is clean and kept in great shape.

Cabin:

"ocean" view (porthole). The cabin had plenty of room for two people with a large bed, two chair sitting area, small table, and bathroom. There is a TV in the corner, but we never turned it on. The bathroom had enough space and good lighting.

CON: only one outlet in the room itself, and a European style plug. I was prepared with a converter as I had heard there was only the European style outlets.

Public areas:

There are several lounges, bars, two pools, spa with sauna and steam room, and a gym. Of course a small casino and library as well (which was nice as many ships don't have them now). Everything was bright and clean.

Entertainment:

Typical "rock" dance show and comedy club.

Dining:

Overall we were very happy with all of the food. We ate at the specialty "Admirals" restaurant, the buffet, and the main dining room. All were very good and plenty of food.

CON: the drinking water is TERRIBLE to the point as to be undrinkable. I am not a water snob and drink tap water frequently (Tampa, Florida), but this was not drinkable unless it was ice cold.

Conclusion, I would absolutely sail with this company again, next time I would like to compare their old Carnival ship.

tampasteve2's Full Rating Summary