Viking Star Cruise Review

Better than the PBS Ads!

Viking Star Cruise Review by GmaBabs

• Sail Date: Dec 2019
  • Destination: the Mediterranean

For my 75th birthday, I took three generations of my family to enjoy a cruise over Christmas and New Years of 2020. I could not imagine that the actual experience would be as wonderful and beautiful as the PBS Ads! It was! Every step of the journey was so easy and so well organized that I simply floated through a blissful two weeks of paradise.

Each crew member from the Captain to the bathroom attendant was simply a charming person with whom I enjoyed learning about our Ship and our ports of call. Everyone was so eager to assist in any way - one afternoon our Captain carried my coffee to a comfortable spot to sit while I dodled with my cane and book.

Our tour through the Mediterranean allowed my whole family to see ports we would never otherwise visit and helped my younger folks decide on which cities they would like to revisit. Although we all did quite a bit of reading about the ports before our departure, the guest lecturers (and their replay on the tv in our suite - genius idea) were so interesting and such a better use of time and entertainment than sad "Broadway" shows on other tours!

Since most ports were new stops, we generally did the included tour for our ports and everyone agreed the experience was perfect. I stuck to the "easy" tours and found them to be a bit more effort than my definition of easy! I could never have done these tours without much family support.

Our repeated visits to the spa was another slice of heaven. Massages and facials were all delightful and the private women's spa with sauna and cold plunge was lovely - I am not one for spa-ing with the co-ed experience!

Because of the Holidays, my 21 year old grandson had plenty of young people to visit; however, I so enjoyed a more mature group of travelers. Looking like the ultimate grandmother, I am often sat next to young families with screaming toddlers - no such worries on Viking! Elegant is one word to best describe the entire journey.

I did return home to the Midwest and announce that I am no longer taking long journeys. Our return from Barcelona was 30+ hours of traveling. Exhausting, even in Business Class, but I am so very glad that I topped the cake of my years of travel with this life long dream.

Bon Voyage to you and yours.

GmaBabs's Full Rating Summary

Our rooms had a lock-off at the end of the hallway so that we were able to all enjoy the rooms together without having to run through the public hallways. If traveling with a close group of family, I strongly suggest you secure these adjoining rooms. They are very well hidden and not easy to find but they do exist!

GmaBabs