• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Granny Glady
First Time Cruiser • Age 80s

Sail Date: Dec 2019
Cabin:

My sister and I took this cruise because we both had wanted to go to Athens, and we had never done that. We are both over 80 years old and have mobility problems. On the boat, everything was fine. Shore excursions less so. We did not realize that there were enrichment and entertainment options, Our fault, we did not look at the daily briefings. We both wanted to go to Knossos, but the boat docked at Chania, not Heraklion, We missed that excursion, especially since it was not recommended for people with mobility issues. Service aboard the boat was great, food was great, I was able to order eggs over easy, which was a treat. Desserts were fabulous. World Cafe great. We only went to one dinner at the Italian restaurant, we were seated with 4 other people, and all had a good time meeting them and chatting with them. We had two rough days, that was due to the weather, but everyone did what they could to help the old ladies.

I especially liked all the displays about Kon-Tiki and Ra. I have read Thor Heyerdahl's book where he and his wife went to a south sea island to get to the 'simple life', and found that it was not simple, and included lots of illness. Also, it was too bad you did not have another copy of the illustrated book written by one of the other raftees, available in the library. I have read that book, and read it aloud to 5th graders. You have a copy under glass.

I would rather have had more port stops, and less days 'at sea'.

great cabin. great service in the cabin.

1 Helpful Vote