• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

DeToniaG
2-5 Cruises • Age 40s

Sail Date: Dec 2019
Cabin:
Day #3, the broken heater.
Day #7 when Andreas finally REPAIRED the broken heater and we received the
The panel that was left on Day #5.

This was supposed to be the Trip of a Lifetime but it turned sour pretty quickly because of a broken heater in the Monarch Countess Cabin #327. I got sick the first night because it shut off and started blowing cold air in the cabin. I subsequently caught a cold and was not at my best for the remainder of the 8 day cruise. The ship was nice, the dining service was EXCELLENT, the cruise director was nice, the cabin service was just adequate. We had to ASK for our sheets to be changed the third day.

What was great about the cruise was the AWESOME cruise director, Loren, who helped me get back my cell phone I had left at the hotel in Munich. He worked to get it delivered to me on Day #3.

The food was good, very tasty some nights and interesting others. The wait staff was STELLAR, second-to-none, which made for a very enjoyable dining experience every night.

This cabin had known heater/HVAC issues that were not taken care of before my embarkation which led to me catching a cold Day #2 because it broke during the night and stated blowing cold air as we were sleeping.

I told the front desk of the heater issues DAILY and they had the engineer repair the system DAILY. They never offered to move us or offer us a heater until the 7th day.

To add insult to injury, I wrote Gate 1 Travel as I was instructed by a supervisor on Day 7 when Andreas came to FINALLY REPLACE the heater, and Jen M. wrote me back and said, "It appears that you may have had the thermostat set too high and tripped the breaker." REALLY??!! I set the thermostat to a level that MADE ME COMFORTABLE as is their function, no???

Jen M, from Gate 1 Travel "Customer Relations," further writes to me, "Our subsequent investigation of the cabin show no mechanical deficiencies in the HVAC system." Ummm.... a thermostat that can't be turned up because it trips a breaker IS A MECHANICAL DEFICIENCY!!

And to add insult to injury, Jen M. ends with, "As you did utilize the services, we find no grounds for compensation." Wow!! What was I supposed to do Jen M.?? Disembark from our $4000 cruise???

I am wholly and completely disappointed with the rote indifference of Gate 1 Travel's "Customer Relations."

I will not sail with them again.

Port Reviews

Nuremberg

Nuremberg was very interesting.The port was close to the town so our local guide was there to meet us and take us on an hour and a half walking tour of the town. She explained the history of the Nazi movement without bias either way and I learned a LOT from her lecture.

1 Helpful Vote