• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

webbkerr
2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Dec 2019
Cabin: Junior Suite Accessible

This was sold as a Holiday cruise - with New Year's celebrated on the ship. We booked a Junior Suite and were not disappointed! It was comfortable and roomy (and the bathtub and walk-in closet weren't bad either!). This was my first Caribbean sailing - but not my first RCL cruise.

I was told the ship and amentities would be more crowded than what I was used to - and that there would be a more family vibe. I didn't find crowds to be that bad - we're up early for breakfast so the Windjammer at 7:00 - 7:30am was perfect. Not too crowded at all and seats could be found all over the place! The family vibe was definately there. Not a fan of a lot of kids, but it was okay as they were mostly behaved (even though some took to running up and down the hallways late at night...).

Most disappointing was the food in the Main Dining Room. No special dinner for New Year's Eve. Food choices were okay, but not exceptional. All menus were red meat heavy (and I am not a vegetarian by any means!). Appetizers had more imagination and were quite good.

Junior Suite Accessible

We opted for the Junior Suite this cruise and as I mentioned, we were not disappointed. It was spacious and roomy. Loved the bigger shower - and the walk-in closet! Balcony was huge! It was perfect. And we've been spoiled, so we will book this Suite again. To top it off, our room attendant, Igede, was awesome!

Port Reviews

Bonaire

We pulled in on New Year's Day, so not many stores open. We took a walk around town, bought salt from the Bonaire Salt Shop (add this store to your shopping list!). Next time, we'll water taxi over to the island and go snokeling.

3 Helpful Votes