Finnmarken Cruise Review

A wonderful experience with excellent staff and services

Finnmarken Cruise Review by PennyDDavis

• Sail Date: Sep 2019
  • Destination: the British Isles & Western Europe

The location of this cruise was the determining factor for me as I wanted specifically to visit Norway whilst not having to repack continually. We were a little concerned about the quality of the cruise, having read adverse reviews but it couldn't be further from the truth.

The cruise was wonderful, the staff consistently gave excellent, friendly service. The food was superb, if heavy on the fish component.

The bar on level 8 was good and my husband chummed up with both barmen!

The ability to relax on level 8 and survey the ever magnificent views was exceptional.

Internet access was patchy and although we had the package which allowed us two devices simultaneously, it seemed we could only get access for one device at a time. I tried turning off my smartwatch, to no avail. We had multiple trips to level 3 for assistance and our friends were in a similar situation.

Don't expect this cruise to rival large ship/poker machine/theatre/beauty salon etc. features as it is an entirely different type of cruise focussing on the scenery and experiences. Just what we wanted.

We will definitely return.

PennyDDavis's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Mini Suite 529

We loved our upgraded accommodation, having booked a polar outside cabin, we were offered an upgrade on embarkation, which we took as we had tried to book this but our travel agent was told they were unavailable and there was no wait list. I feel that the quality of your living quarters greatly affects your experience and ours was excellent. despite the extra cost, I feel we had really good value. The bathroom was small but everything was provided including heated floor!

PennyDDavis