Nautica Cruise Review

Overall pretty good,but I've had better.

Nautica Cruise Review by lisak257

• Sail Date: Sep 2019
  • Destination: the Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean View

The price was good and the date fit our schedule. The cabins are in need of an update, but they are due for one shortly. The tv needs to be across from the bed, instead of at a weird angle. Our room attendant was very good, and we could count on him to get it right. The restaurant servers were hit and miss. Some were excellent, and some clearly did not enjoy their jobs.

The shows were pretty good. Not as good as our previous cruises, but smaller cast.

The afternoon tea was great, but again scones were super dry and some of our waiters made sarcastic remarks about us eating too much, which was not professional. And this was asking for two items!

The excursions were hit and miss. Partly, the rainy weather put a damper on our enjoyment of certain locations. I really liked Helsinki City Highlights and Bruges: A Medieval Gem. We missed out on going to RIga and Visby, because the ports were too rough to disembark. That meant an extra day in Tailynn, which wasn't that great of a location for two days. Wish we could've had 2 days in Copenhagen instead.

Liked being able to do our laundry on the ship.

The meals were overrated. I had to be sure to ask for the salmon to be cooked rare, or they would overcook it to the point of ruining it. I disliked all the buffet lunches, and ended up getting a salmon burger most every time.

I wanted to get a massage, but I heard they charged $200, which is just excessive. And unfortunately, I got tonsilitus and had to see the ship doctor. Just to be seen, get a strep test and some antibiotics, they charged me $365! Way to take advantage of sick people. I don't know if this is the case on all cruises, but my mom had a fall on her ship and they charged her nothing.

In summary, I don't think I will do Oceania again. Crystal was so much better in every way. Even Celebrity Cruises, which is comparable in price, had better service, food, and entertainment.

lisak257's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Ocean View
Cabin C2 4023

It was adequate and the bed was comfortable. Plenty of storage space. Just didn't like the placement of the television. Would love a bathtub or nicer shower.

Stockholm

We got here one day ahead and visited the Vassa Museum. I highly recommend it. we didn't have time to do anything else, but Stockholm is a beautiful city.

City Tour

We visited historic sites and the highlight was the Helsinki Public Library! Really enjoyed the day, and had a great danish and coffee break.

View All 193 City Tour Reviews
City Tour

The day was rainy, but our guide was good. Drove by most city highlights, but went inside the Peter & Paul Fortress. That was very good.

View All 378 City Tour Reviews
Kadriorg Palace

It was kind of boring. Again, a rainy day, which put a damper on our enjoyment.

View All 10 Kadriorg Palace Reviews
Riga

We had to skip this port due to rough weather

Visby

We had to skip this city due to rough weather.

City Tour

I don't think we chose a good one since I don't even remember what we did. A very pretty city though.

View All 201 City Tour Reviews
Canal Boat Tour

This Was one of my favorite excursions. Interesting history, beautiful city, and lovely canal boat tour. We squeezed in a great lunch, but then lost shopping time. You have to choose one or the other.

View All 39 Canal Boat Tour Reviews
Walking Tour

This was part of the canal tour. We walked around the city where he showed us various historic sites. I loved having about an hour to ourselves. Great shops with delicious chocolates!

View All 51 Walking Tour Reviews