MSC Magnifica Cruise Review

MSC Magnifica Cruise Review by KarenDON

• Sail Date: Jul 2019
  • Destination: the Eastern Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Suite

We have just returned from our 7 day cruise departing venice and travelling to Bari, Katakolon, Santorini, Pireas and Kotor in Montenegro and we couldnt recommend this cruise highly enough!

We travelled on the much larger MSC Seaview last year and I have to say I much preferred this size of ship although we didnt spend much time in the pool area as we had access to the top 16 deck with its two large jacuzzis. it is more mangeable and I was able to find my way around far easier than on the larger ship.

I found the food was good overall, the restaurant food was lovley but the buffet was a bit basic and we seemed to always be going there when they were closing some part of it so we hardly ever saw the full choices available.

Breakfast for the kids was perfect, pancakes, fruit, waffles etc as well as the usual cooked breakfast and cold meats etc available for adults. Loved the fact that they had a large range of sauces from around the world including UK HP Sauce.

Lunch was a bit basic but it could just have been that we were dining later than most people and they had closed off some areas.

We only had dinner in the buffet once and to be honest I much preferred the restaurant as we were able to have a proper conversation without one of the kids wanting us to get them something else from the buffet.

The restaurant food was lovely and our waiter was really nice, enjoyed the meal times there.

We travelled with 2 kids and to be honest they would hardly leave the kids club so it felt like we had a real break!

The kids club was excellent and there were lots more english speaking kids there this time. Staff were really nice and it was secure so I didnt have to worry about them.

Loved the top 16 deck area, our kids could play in the jacuzzi and we could relax and read. All in all I really enjoyed my week on maginfica.

KarenDON's Full Rating Summary

Suite
Cabin S3 15012

Cabin was clean and tidy and our housekeeper was excellent.

Venice

I had been to venice before so I dodnt take any excursion here.

Bari

we hopped in a taxi and went to Polignano de mare - amazing views!

Katakolon (Olympia)

we took a little train to the beach on this island and loved the little shops by the port

Oia Village

We went to the village of Oia by boat and returned by bus... its not easy to get up to the village and it was very busy but absolutley worth it.

the cable car back down had a huge queue so we decided to walk... wish i had had runners on because i nearly killed myself in sandals!!!

View All 255 Oia Village Reviews
Acropolis

Loved teh acropolis, well worth a visit.

The open top bus was really hot though and it takes an hour... if you can get a taxi!

View All 390 Acropolis Reviews
Corfu

did a little shoping here with the kids... it was busy and we were exhausted from walking around places at this stage!

Kotor

By far the most beautiful place I have ever seen.... wear runners if you are going to hike up to the fort on the mountain and set your alarm to wake early and see the ship pull inh... stunning!

KarenDON