Disney Fantasy Cruise Review

Best Vacation of my life!!!

Disney Fantasy Cruise Review by Katie S.

• Sail Date: Nov 2018
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean

This was my first Disney Cruise and in the beginning I expected it to be amazing. Again, Disney exceeds my expectations with amazing and friendly service, outstanding and unbelievable entertainment, and special Disney magic that you can’t find anywhere else. Let’s start off with the food. It was the best food I’ve ever eaten in my life! The room service was great, the buffet was a mile long and delicious, and everything was just the right temperature. The restaurants were truly incredible, and by the end of the week our waitress already knew what some of us wanted and was funny and nice. The lobby of the ship was humongous and was always filled with character greetings or singing and other acts. The D-Lounge hosted karaoke, game shows, trivia and other activities for the whole family to enjoy. The shows were so magical and I felt like I was watching a Broadway show. The kids clubs were awesome with video games, an animation studio, arts and crafts, and much more, and everyone I went with loved the clubs. I’ve heard people say that Disney doesn’t do I good job with planning activities, but that is simply untrue. If anything, I couldn’t decide between which activity to do because there were so many fun ones. Disney art is all over the ship and adds to the magic. Embarkation and debarkation was good. The Castaway Key 5k was really fun and there’s a water slide in the ocean, which I just personally thought was awesome. Some of the shore excursions at Castaway Cay were cancelled due to high winds, but you can’t really blame Disney for thatThere’s always a Disney movie running somewhere on the Disney cruise, and I just couldn’t get enough of them. The AquaDuck is incredible, especially while the sun is setting because the water coaster is see-through and gives you a beautiful view of the ocean. I didn’t go there, but the Outlook observation deck is apparently and great spot for views. There were several adult only spots on the ship that include the spa (which also has some stuff for teens but is mostly for adults) and the many bars aboard the cruise. The cabin was small but there was a queen bed, a bunk bed, and a pull-out bed, and we were usually out doing activities, so it was good. Our room came with a deck, which gave amazing views of the ocean. They had photography on the cruise, and at the end of the cruise you can use computer to get a digital portfolio of your pictures and order a photo book. It was a paradise.

I only have a few complaints :

1. The buffet closed at four, so after that you had to have a sit-down dinner.

2. The shower and bath tub were a bit small.

3. Alcohol was very expensive. But on the bright side, Disney does allow you to bring your our alcohol. And it’s understandable why alcohol is so expensive. They don’t want a bunch of drunk people on a Disney cruise filled with children.

4. Some of the bathrooms, although very clean, only had two stalls and one sink. The line for the bathroom was long at times.

Besides these minor complaints, the Disney cruise was the well worth the money, and I would absolutely go back again! Many people think that the Disney cruise is just for kids, but really, it’s for the little kid inside of everyone, young and old.

Katie S.'s Full Rating Summary

Walt Disney World

Walt Disney World was amazing. We went after we went on a Disney Cruise, and it was the perfect ending to our vacation. Fast passes got us on rides quickly, and nothing beat the magical Disney experience that come with every Disney vacation.

View All 100 Walt Disney World Reviews
Stingray Swim

The stingray swim was terrifying at first, but turned out to be pretty cool. The stingrays are silky and you go to one part of the ocean thats clear and shallow to see them. We fed them, swam with them and pet them, and by the end I was having a good time.

View All 795 Stingray Swim Reviews
Ziplining

Ziplining was incredible. There were amazing views and we made friends with another family that was also on the Disney Cruise. There was a pool and a long and awesome water slide. You felt like you were in the middle of the jungle. Plus, there was a little waterfall that you could climb and jump off of, and it was so much fun. I would not recommend ziplining for anyone who is scared of heights, but if you are not, its a great adventure.

View All 74 Ziplining Reviews

I dont remember the name of the place we went to, but there was trampolines in the ocean, water slides and pools. From the trampolines, you could see myriad fish and plunge into the warm water. We bonded with another family that was also on the Disney cruise. The water slides were really fun and beach was, too.

View All undefined undefined Reviews

The Castaway Cay 5k was amazing. It felt very tropical and I personally enjoyed every bit of it. If you’re not an experienced runner you can just walk it. It was So awesome.

View All undefined undefined Reviews