Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review by DocRonPS

• Sail Date: Jun 2019
  • Destination: the Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Studio Stateroom

I had a voucher PLUS I like the solo cabin option. However, the solo lounge director staff was unable to get us to know once another.. Still nice to have our own place for coffee, etc.

I never had to wait too long at the complimentary restaurants. However, at Taste and Savour the service was very slow and many of the staff appeared to have a language issue. NCL need to make sure each waitstaff has a good understanding of English. Also, when I asked someone for something and it was NOT in there service area, instead of getting it, they passed the request along to someone else which caused taking additional time. Several time I had to ask the manager to provide menus as no one claimed responsibility as our waitstaff!!!! Speciality restaurant service was excellent. I had three excellent massages. But please cut the hard sell. So off-putting.The LGBT meet and greet in the Sunset Bar was well attended and bar staff friendly.

Even the cruise director stopped by to introduce himself.

I avoided NCL shore excursions. Very expensive and more intimate to find your own tour guides,especially in St. Petersburg. I only took SPB tour as many of the ports could be seen on your own with a local map.

Disembarkation was a disaster. Took much too long. Just get off the ship early and do not wait until you tag color is called.

I would book NCL again but only on a smaller ship.

DocRonPS's Full Rating Summary

Studio Stateroom
Cabin T1 10521

Solo cabins just the right size. Lots of storage space.

DocRonPS