Nieuw Statendam Cruise Review

Singles use caution when booking a cabin!

Nieuw Statendam Cruise Review by cyzanzubi

• Sail Date: Apr 2019
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Single Oceanview Stateroom

This new ship is gorgeous! The staff is uniformly marvelous. The choices on the Lido were more than adequate. My problem with the ship had to do with my cabin #1006. I decided to save money by getting a "guaranteed" fare for an inside cabin. Being such a new ship, I erroneously thought that all the cabins would be fine. I was upgraded to an ocean view that had a nice large window. Turns out it is a "single" cabin. Being tiny was not the problem. Being in that location was a HUGE problem. When the stabilizers were on the noise was horrendous. They were on all day every port day that we had to be positioned off shore for the tenders to operate. It was too noisy to read, nap, or even to watch TV. The other problem with this location was the loud and very forceful banging from the waves as we traveled. It would feel like a huge weight was hitting the cabin and especially the bed...all...night...long! I don't feel that the cabin is at all suitable for human habitation.

Th music was mostly raucous to my ears. The dueling pianos were absurdly bad. Not at all a matched set of artists.

I don't care for outdoor movies, but was very pleased with the variety on the TV in the cabin.

The activity I was interested in, the singles get-togethers, was non-existent except for one announcement for trivia.

The Lido does not have a menu listing on the TV, or on a wall.

Service on the Lido was very nice. my only comment was the people in the kitchen and serving area that yelled at each other. Not lending to a lovely experience.

cyzanzubi's Full Rating Summary