• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

6-10 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Apr 2019
Cabin:
Paddle wheel

This cruise was chosen by a neighbor in my community, Sun City Palm Desert California, who organizes group trips. I was fortunate to be invited to join the group, and because I was cruising without my husband (who stayed at home with our dog), I was paired with a roommate who is also a neighbor in our community. There were 34 people in our group.

The cruise we were on is the Lower Mississippi departing from Memphis and terminating in New Orleans with stops in Helena, Arkansas; Vicksburg, and Natchez, Mississippi; Baton Rouge, St. Francisville, and Nottoway Plantation, Louisiana. However, because the Mississippi is flooding at this time, our itinerary was altered extensively. There were no complaints about this that I heard, and myself and everyone I talked to enjoyed every day.

We spent the first night in Memphis at the Peabody Hotel; this overnight is part of the cruise package. The hotel is old, charming, and delightful especially if you are able to see the ducks paraded through the lobby and into the fountain. They stay all day and then are paraded back to their quarters on the roof of the hotel in the evening.

Response from JaneF, Guest Relations Manager

Hi Lkbennett, We really appreciate you taking the time to write this exceptional review! I especially love your description of the duck parade! Oh, what a fun sight to see! I do have to...

Cabin Veranda

I share this room with another lady. We had twin beds. Our bathroom was large and modern. Our TV with large and HD with a sufficient offering of channels. Our veranda was a must have in my opinion. We were on the third deck which was quiet.

4 Helpful Votes