Pacific Eden Cruise Review

Not the place to go for a solo birthday

Pacific Eden Cruise Review by TrishJustCruisin

• Sail Date: Sep 2018
  • Destination: the South Pacific

Each year for my birthday I choose to treat myself to a holiday as I live alone and normally people are friendly and fun.

The price for the getaway on Pacific Eden was a bargain.

However, the dining experience was the worst I have ever had.

My past experience on cruises was that I would be seated with a larger table and enjoy their company for the cruise. On this cruise, they sat everyone who came together, together in their group, small or large tables to suite.

It seems they do not know how to cater for the solo traveller, but had so many small tables they tend to want to sit you on your own.

My birthday was not a total disaster, as a visit to reception had Elizabeth, one of the PAs join me for dinner on the 2nd last night (is in the photo added) after which I managed to find some friends. Elizabeth also managed to get me a reservation for dinner in the booked out restaurant for my birthday, it was still dinner on my own, but the staff looked after me and sang me happy birthday.

The staff are generally lovely, and you'll enjoy the dining experience if you are travelling with others, but maybe avoid this dining experience if travelling alone as you have to work really hard to not feel isolated.

TrishJustCruisin's Full Rating Summary

Moreton Island

Not the ships fault, weather caused dangerous conditions so we never made it to land.

TrishJustCruisin