• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

First Time Cruiser • Age 20s

Sail Date: Jan 2019
Cabin:
Deck 14 overlooking deck 13

I embarked from Cape Town and unfortunately had a bit of a tough time with the weather so our cruise was delayed by two days. This however is not anyone's fault and totally understand MSC's reasoning for not embarking on the 24th. We only embarked the 26th January. Embarkation is a very long and tedious process. The waiting before going on board is crazy and very tiring.

The ship is so beautiful. The staff on board is very welcoming and cheerful. I loved seeing a mixed diversity of people from all over the World. It was lovely interacting with staff who is willing to chat to you about their life on board, their country and culture and just about general things as well. Whenever I passed a staff member, they would greet with a friendly hello and smile :)

The cabin I stayed in was okay however I was VERY disappointed to find a filthy used pair of underwear that didn't belong to myself or the person I shared the room with. I assume that the staff didn't clean correctly as there was a bit of a rush on the 26th. This shouldn't have been missed though. It was nasty and makes me question if the sheets were even changed.

Cabin I1 - Interior - INSIDE STANDARD

We also requested two single beds but got a double bed. We asked the staff to change it but the staff member said he will do it the next day which wasn't acceptable but we just left it because we were so over it.

Port Reviews

Port Elizabeth

I purchased a cruise excursion but unfortunately it was canceled due to the delay with embarkation. Still awaiting a refund.

Find an MSC Musica Cruise