Disney Dream Cruise Review

After enjoying 19 years of Disney cruising, many changes for the worse.

Disney Dream Cruise Review by Colest

• Sail Date: Feb 2019
  • Destination: the Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah

We used to be BIG fans of Disney cruises. We just went on our 7th and were rather disappointed. The things that we loved, especially the kids club and character meetings, have been ruined. We took our first Disney Cruise on the Magic my youngest was 3. The Lil' Cruisers (ages 3-5) were in the Oceaneers Club. The Older kids, including my daughter, went to the Oceaneers Lab. It as perfect! Now, all children aged 3-12 are thrown together in a chaotic melee. Our 3 year old granddaughter hated it. She lasted an hour and when we returned to pick her up she was left alone in a chair with silent tears streaming down her cheeks. NOT the Disney I remember and certainly not the Disney my children remember. The characters used to roam the ship decks and Castaway Cay. Now, you endure long lines to get a picture. And gone are the days of turning in your autograph book to get missed signatures. Needless to say, our next Cruise may be Royal Caribbean, who now holds the #1 spot for kids club reviews. They still separate by age groups, so there may be something to that. I really hope that someone at Disney reads this. We were heartbroken by the negative changes. Fortunately, it was a short Cruise. I would've been really miffed had we invested in a weeklong Cruise.

Colest's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah
Cabin 04A 10546

Typical Disney with curtain between sleep zones and separate vanities, with one in toilet and one in shower. Plenty of storage.

Port Canaveral (Orlando)

The Disney port terminal is organized and efficient.

Castaway Cay

Always great. Ran/walked/ran the 5k this time. Loved it!

Colest