MSC Magnifica Cruise Review

Little or no respect for passengers' health or health and safety.

MSC Magnifica Cruise Review by marniridge

• Sail Date: Sep 2018
  • Destination: the Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview Stateroom

We are an older couple with one in a wheelchair and have traveled on more than 10 different cruise ships.

We booked an accessible ocean view cabin( wheelchair accessible) room number 8001, only to find that access to the window was blocked by a fixed dressing table,so no ocean view, also nor wardrobe rails that were reachable by my wife. There were some facilities for disabled in bathroom but of poor quality and design.

The so called safetey briefing at start of the cruise had nothing relevant to disabled or wheelchair passengers as required by various authorities including SOLAS (Safety of lives at sea)

During our cruise and the following cruise they had an infectious gastric issue on board, and some crew informed me that it had been on board for a while. I was taken ill on the 3rd day, my wife on day 4 and she was still ill when we departed 6 days later.

The medical center appeared to have a policy to empty the medical center at 8 morning and evening, even if passengers are actually vomiting while being discharged.My wife had to be re-admitted the next day.

After disembarking I notified the port heath authority of our illness. After investigations it was discovered that the vessel had not reported any of the infectious issues at all, and did not have either us or many others that were affected even recorded, despite us have invoices to prove it.

Despite E/mails to MSC and sending chasing E/mails and receiving acknowledgments notifying us the we would receive a response within 28 days, so far after 4 months no response received. The agent we through has also chased them with no response.

I find that comments about food and entertainments depend on expectations, for us they were both disappointing. Had this been our first cruise we may have thought differently.

The actual design of the vessel we thought was quite good but poorly maintained, an example being that that there was only one seat where I could sit next to my wife in the theater as the rest were broken.

Due to the illness we unable to leave the vessel at all so cannot comment on excursions etc

As this was our first cruise with MSC we were very disappointed, we find it difficult to believe any vessel could be as bad again, would we try them again, only in exceptional circumstances.

marniridge's Full Rating Summary