3. Carnival Spirit
I chose this cruise because it was sailing out of Sydney and I have always wanted to do that. It was also going to New Caledonia where I haven't been before. It was my first cruise experience and I was a little nervous about doing it on my own. It was the most social holiday I have had on my own. I must have spoken with 50 people at various times during the cruise. The overall experience was fantastic. I did upgrade to a Grand Suite so my room was very nice and comfortable. I also chose the pick up at Sydney airport as I was flying in and out from New Zealand. Because I was the only person doing that they put me in a taxi instead of the coach. Great service. No problems with embarkation and disembarkation. It was probably not a good idea to be flying in and out on the same day as the cruise but lucky for me all went smoothly. I even got time to take the ferry over to Manly for a few hours before boarding the ship (they stored my suitcase). The food was pretty good. I chose to do the Chefs Table and that was a great food experience. I felt the alcohol side of this was a let down. No Cocktail just a glass of bubbles and the wine served during the meal was house wine standard. It was interesting to see the kitchen but i think it would have been better to then go to a separate dining area. It was difficult for me to hear what the Chef was saying due to the background noise. My time ashore was fantastic. Loved Mare and Isle of Pines for snorkelling and swimming.

Best holiday for a person on their own

Carnival Spirit Cruise Review by LarkC

• Sail Date: November 2018
  • Destination: South Pacific
  • Cabin Type: Grand Suite

LarkC’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Spirit price drops

Grand Suite
Cabin GS 6207
I booked an obstructed view Balcony room and was offered an upgrade to a Grand Suite. It was a very generous room and I appreciated the small fridge in the room to keep water etc. cool. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. The bathroom is big but the spa bath was on the small side and I would rather had a big shower and no bidet.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins