3. Majestic Princess
This was the third time I have done this cruise, but the first on the beautiful Majestic. Also first time out of Sydney. We got down to the port early, as we were not departing port until 6.45 pm. Spent some time trawling through the market at The Rocks, before heading on board about 12.30. We werent due to embark until about 3.15, but with a Platinum card, I thought I would chance it. We has already dropped our bags earlier, so it was just getting out cards and boarding. There was no queue, and we were on in about 15 mins flat! Had lunch at the Trough, which was the only time I went there. It was set out well, very spread out. Again, not many on board, so no queues or dramas. Our cabin was well positioned and very spacious. As usual, the beds were comfy but the pillows less so, The new TV system was great, and we caught a movie before heading off to muster. Again, this was a lot less crowded than usual, with most people finding a seat or a perch. Not having to lug your life jacket was a plus. Catching the lifts afterwards was also not the usual scramble. (Travelling companion has a few mobility issues). The Atrium was beautiful, but not enough room for the popular line dancing or ball room dancing classes. Would be the only complaint in that area. A Kiwi comedian was very entertaining (cant remember his name unfortunately), as was the comedy duo Pearson and someone. I had seen them before, and found them genuinely funny both times. Think Morecome and Wise. (although they were from a group called The Kinsmen, who some Australians would know). The dining room was beautiful, and Daria, our waitress was just perfect. Very professional, kind and knowledgeable. The food portions have gone up in size, but I thought the menu was a little limited, not as much variety as there use to be. No lobster on either formal or the last night. The bomb Alaska has improved from previous sailings, as in the egg white was not as raw as previously. The only issue I would have is that the dining rooms are only open until 9am for breakfast. First sitting was at 5.15 which was great for getting to a show, but starting to get a little early. Loved the adult only areas, and there were plenty of them, including a pool. Although I didnt swim this trip and only went to the Hollywood Conservatory once. Again, a very beautiful place, although I did hear stories of people arriving early, spreading their stuff to prevent others from sharing and staying the day. Signed up for a TRX class at the gym, but this was unfortunately cancelled at the last moment as they were still selling shoe lifts/inserts. They were also a PT down. One was flown in from Dubai, and so I did the last class (only 2 were scheduled). They are getting a little expensive. The Princess Theater was lovely, but the chairs were smaller than an airline seat! A little cramped, esp when the Cruise Body starts being felt. The shows were what you would expect, but with more dramatic lighting. The costumes were stunning. Unfortunately there were only two waiters on and there was no little table or cup holder to put your drink. They really need more waiters. Also if they could offset the seats it would allow for better visibility. Didnt go to the shops, as they were all high end, Effy (which I love looking at their jewelry, but most of it is the price of another cruise, so I never buy), Cartier, and other top names. Even though the ship was large, I didnt feel as if I walked any further than usual (and I have the Cruise Body to confirm this), I also didnt feel crowded. In fact, I actually saw more people more than once than which is a little unusual for me. Overall, I found the whole experience very positive, the crew seemed a lot happier than on some of the other ships. The ship was very clean (as you would expect with a new ship), and elegant. Absolutely loved it.

It really was Majestic!

Majestic Princess Cruise Review by Professor Plum

Professor Plum’s Full Rating Summary

Balcony
Cabin BD C506
I think it was a BD rating. it was on the 10th floor, directly by the lifts, which suited my SIL, who has limited mobility. I think I only heard noise once, about 8.30 in the morning. It was directly above the Allegro dining room, which we ate at in the evenings.
An updated bathroom, with a more modern looking sink unit, larger shower and the half round shelves just down one side of the mirror, the bathroom felt more spacious than usual.
There were plenty of hangers in the wardrobe, although there was enough space on the floor for two large suitcases with the lids up if you were too lazy to unpack (as I was).
The Cabin was very spacious, the king size bed was split into two and that was fine.
The TV was finally mounted on the wall and was a good size. There was a good selection of movies (about 50) which you could watch at your leisure, should you choose. There were some TV programmes and the usual new channels or music if you felt like just laxing in the room for a bit.
Very pleasant and good location.
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins