MSC Magnifica Cruise Review

Poor customer service, no interest from MSC post cruise

MSC Magnifica Cruise Review by bwfcboy

• Sail Date: Jul 2018
  • Destination: the Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom

It was well priced for Balcony Rooms and the Norway itinerary looked good. Embarkation was fine and everything seemed to be good.

My biggest complaint is the main Function Room was hired out to a Dance Group for the whole cruise so we couldn't use it in the evening. We actually got in one evening and were asked to leave.

About 80% of the British guests were in this group which meant all the Bars and Clubs were completely deserted and closed early. Even the Casino was closed by 12.30am and the Buffet Bar was only serving cold sandwiches most evenings after 11.30pm.

I complained about this to MSC and after 7 weeks of no response they got bored of my moaning and tried to fob me off with a time limited on-board voucher.

I rejected the offer and was subsequently told they wouldn't be improving it and wouldn't be commenting further. Real high class service.

Viva Voyage were hopeless too. They just kept blaming MSC. I won't be using either again.

Royal Caribbean and Norwegian are far superior when it comes to customer service.

Shame because as others have said, the actual Boat is beautiful.

Food - average

Staff - Generally miserable

Entertainment - standard cruise stuff, generally rubbish with a weird European spin

We won't be back MSC and I'm absolutely certain you really couldn't care less!

bwfcboy's Full Rating Summary

Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B2 10002

Cabin was fine but the Balcony is iron, not glass which means you couldn't see a thing when sat down. There are only 4 of these on the whole ship and it was not stated at the point of booking which I found annoying. If we'd known we'd have picked a different room

Olden

Beautiful place. didn't go the Glacier as it was expensive and a long journey but we took a Tourist Bus on a round trip which was lovely

bwfcboy