Seabourn Quest Cruise Review

Seabourn Quest Cruise Review by davidh68

• Sail Date: Jul 2018
  • Destination: the British Isles & Western Europe
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Suite

Have sailed on Cunard, Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, Holland America. This was our 4th Seabourn cruise. We like the beauty of the ships, the great food and service.

This was a port intensive cruise and gave us, we think, a good tasting of Ireland, as well as stops in the Scilly Isles, The Isles of Mull and Iona in Scotand, and Holyhead, Wales. We took only 3 excursions - one to Tresco and it's gardens in the Isles of Scilly led by a very good birder/naturalist, one across Mull to Iona, and one around the tiny island of Staffa.

Could have skipped the Staffa excursion - we went out on zodiacs, were not able to land on the island and just about everything we saw (save a multitude of puffins - wonderful) we could see from the ship. The time the ship spent waiting at Staffa so we could do that excursion took a good 2 hours away from our time in Obermory and Iona, where I would have loved to have had more time.

The ship had been refreshed recently and it showed. Beautiful.

I didn't attend any of the shows, so I can't comment. Nor did I visit the gym, though I did use the pools and hot tubs daily because water has always been my thing.

Some nit-picking -- I would remove the Hublot adds from the TV in the Seabourn Square; vulgar. Get rid of the stale hors d'oeuvres and serve high quality mixed nuts in the bars. Or have them on offer for those who want them. I only went to two lecture events in the afternoon; one about Ireland was very low-brow; I could have given a better one by researching Wikipedia and downloading slides from the web with a few hours notice. The other was an unabashed ad for Seabourn's antarctic cruises. I heard some people were impressed by a talk on Churchill that I missed. We were happily on shore enjoying beautiful walks in glorious weather just about everywhere we went.

I hope to sail with Seabourn again. It was a lovely cruise. Sometimes I would be having a meal in the Colonade al fresco on the back of the ship and look out at the sea and think I could not be in a more beautiful spot.

davidh68's Full Rating Summary

Veranda Suite
Cabin V4 534

The cabins on every Seabourn ship I have been on are lovely. Lots of storage, great bathroom and unobtrusive cabin service. We like to be on 5 near the laundrettes :-)

Belfast

We went on our own by train to Newgrange (fasinating) and arranged to go on a walking tour led by a very knowledgeable and articulate Irishman focusing on "the troubles". These were 2 highlights of our trip.

Dublin

Dublin did not catch my fancy for some reason. Big cities are not my thing.

Holyhead

The village of Holyhead is rather homely, but there is a great cliff walk out of town to the head itself. A wonderful day.

davidh68