Queen Elizabeth Cruise Review

Queen Elizabeth Cruise Review by Patsyknapsy

• Sail Date: May 2018
  • Destination: Trans-Ocean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

We just booked this at the very last moment as it was sailing from Cape Town to Southampton and were delighted there was space.

This was our first Cunard experience, but I think virtually all other passengers were long-time fans of Cunard.

I really cannot find anything to complain about. Check-in was professional and we received our suitcases relatively quickly. The cabin was a decent size, as was the wardrobe and small balcony but perfect for two.

We chose late dining and never once had repeat food. It was excellent, as was the service. We mostly had a late breakfast in the Lido where the choice was as good as I have ever had in a top Hotel. Lunch we occasionally took in the dining room, but there were so many opportunities to eat we had to choose between lunch or afternoon tea. We ate in the dining room every night.

Talks were excellent, particularly Ian Brown and John McCarthy. Entertainment was mostly professional, bar staff were attentive. The daily quiz was a daily challenge.

If I were to have one gripe, and I really shouldn’t, the drinks were expensive. But that’s nothing in the scheme of things. Really, it was 17 nights of pure joy. It’s not a cruise for youngsters, the dress code is jacket for gents every night, and formal on four nights, but there’s something very pleasant about a dress code.

Well done Cunard - we will be back.

Patsyknapsy's Full Rating Summary