• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals

Indochina Pandaw Review

-- / 5.0
Editor Rating

Adventurous luxury on a super fun cruise

Review for Indochina Pandaw to Asia River
lawaldrep
6-10 Cruises • Age 40s

Sail Date: Dec 2017
Cabin:

We chose Pandaw over other, more chic cruises because we wanted to a have a more authentic yet luxurious cruise in Myanmar. The RV Indochina and crew did not disappoint.

We were the first to arrive at our ship, and I was worried we might not be allowed on board. Not a problem. The crew welcomed us, took our luggage, and told us that if we wanted our room that would be fine, or we could explore the nearby town (Sailang). We chose to return and came back to a wonderful buffet lunch with our fellow passengers. This was just the beginning of great hospitality the whole crew exhibited. A few items of note...

- The food is outstanding. I would recommend staying with the Burmese cuisine over western style. I have celiac disease. Chef can easily handle gluten-free dining and even wrote a letter in Burmese for me to carry when I left the ship to ensure that I would be safe as I continued my journey.

Cabin standard

Our cabin was clean and well-appointed but we did hear the engines start in the morning (something I got used to). I would suggest moving upstairs and mid ship.

Find a cruise