MSC Splendida Cruise Review

Fairly good but some very weak points

MSC Splendida Cruise Review by emaneiro

• Sail Date: Jul 2017
  • Destination: the Western Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview Stateroom

It was a family trip.

Embarkation and disembarkation were fine and everything was very well organized.

Ship. Everything was in very good condition. At this point I have a small complaint that the temperature was too low inside, considering that we were wearing bathsuits and sometimes wet. I got a cold during the trip because of this.

Cabin. The cabin was fine, everything very new and comfortable

Dining. The quality and service was very good. The service on diners was superb. I have to say it was a bit chaotic for lunches, with crowded buffet on the top deck and it was difficult to find a table. Also in the buffet there were less waiters than needed and sometimes it took us a long time to get our drinks.

Entertaintment. The look of everything was great but my feeling is that there were too many people for the top deck pools. Most of my family liked entertaintment in the theater, even if it was not my cup of tea. The party in the top deck on the night of Mallorca was superb and we enjoyed it very much.

*** I have a BIG COMPLAINT about arcade games, where my 14 year old son spent a big amount of money just using his card withought knowing. I think children shouldn't be allowed to spend money without their parents permission and more explicit warning.

Service. It was very good ingeneral. Specially waiters during the dinner.

Ports. I liked most of them except Palermo. Excursions were very good.

Children had an exceptional time.

From the four members of my family kids would like to do it again but for adults I think we wouldn't do it again.

emaneiro's Full Rating Summary

Oceanview Stateroom
Cabin O2 8080

The cabin was very good, spacious comfortable and clean. We only missed a bit more facility to dry children wet bathsuits.

In the toilet the shower curtain was very uncomfortable. I would change this.

Valencia

Valencia is a big and beautiful city with many interesting places to visit and super great food. People is extremely warm. Definitely a must.

Marseille

Beautiful port and many options to eat. Worth a few hours visit. Out of the port just normal.

City Tour

Beautiful city and excursion. We enjoyed it very much.

View All 36 City Tour Reviews
City Tour

The bus and the guide were very good and we could visit some of the most important spots of the city.

View All 30 City Tour Reviews
Cagliari City Tour

Nice ride around the city. Not a super special city but it was nice.

View All 24 Cagliari City Tour Reviews
Palma de Mallorca (Majorca)

Superb city. Very beautiful and many things to see. Great food and friendly people.

emaneiro