Viking Idun Cruise Review

Delightful way to travel with friend and see new sites

Viking Idun Cruise Review by edidavis

• Sail Date: Sep 2016
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Stateroom

My friend from college and I agreed to travel on this cruise together. This was the first time for me to travel after the death of my husband. We had traveled on Viking and I had gained confidence that once we got to the Viking ship we would be well care for during our vacation. If any problems arose, I knew that we would be helped.

The ship is delightful, the number of passengers gives everyone an opportunity to get to know some new friends. Sometimes, we meet people with whom we will travel again.

The food is excellent! The service was excellent and the ability of the staff to make changes and accommodations is outstanding.

I recently took a Viking Cruise on the ocean ship and I much prefer the riverboat cruise. The ability to meet new friends, sit where you like at dinner, and feel more like a family contributes to my feeling safe to travel on the ship and the excursions by myself. ( My husband sometimes did not go on previous excursions) I "could" see myself being a solo traveler on a riverboat cruise in the future.

edidavis's Full Rating Summary

Veranda Stateroom
Cabin B 201

The cabin space is small, but well organized and is beautifully decorated.

edidavis