Zenith Cruise Review

Zenith Cruise Review by jbulterman

• Sail Date: Jul 2017
  • Destination: the Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: undefined

We chose this cruise (our first) mainly because of value for money. We paid $1,500 per ticket and that included the round trip flight from Quito to Panama. Cartagena was forgettable but we did do the Mud Volcano excursion through Viator. Nothing quite like getting completely immersed in volcanic mud. On Curacao we did the Tugboat snorkeling excursion (Viator also) and that was very good. On Bonaire we snorkeled off of Klien Island and that was by far the best water time we had of all three islands. By far the most to see (turtles, many fish, moray eels and much more). I could have stayed in the water for days on Bonaire. On Aruba we did a glass bottom boat and snorkeling tour with Watersports and Tours Aruba after a literal last minute cancellation of a Catamaran excursion due to the boat being rented out from underneath us by a private party. NEVER WILL I DO BUSINESS AGAIN WITH ARUBA WATERSPORTS CENTER.

Now about the ship. The embarkation and disembarkation was orderly and mostly hassle free. The security did arrest my utility tool as it contained a knife but gave it back to me at the end of the cruise. I saw a lot of clothes irons also under house arrest due to potential fire hazards. The service as quite exceptional. Five stars to all the Food and Beverage staff from the Manager and Head Waiter on down. Those folks are keepers and I would hire them myself if I owned a ship. The food was very good and met my expectations and then some. There was the buffet with good food and generous hours and the dining room with fixed times and seating - I enjoyed eating at both. The cabin (exterior superior) was nice. We had a king bed and the shower was spacious enough. My wife likes the evening shows and we took a few in. They were good also and a good way to end the day. There were many activities that we did not partake as my main goal in taking the cruise was rest and relaxation with emphasis on rest. We also found housekeeping to be quite good and did a good job of keeping the cabin clean. I know very little Spanish but all the staff I encountered spoke great English and I met a lot of the staff. For TV in English, there was the BBC and a movie station. The ship sponsored excursions were not of interest to me but then again my wife and I are experienced world travelers and can manage time schedules. The Moka Coffee shop and bar was my first stop in morning for cappuccino and I found it amusing that they could not make a moka for lack of chocolate. I also met a lot of great passengers and had many good conversations on the boat. It's a value for money cruise and yes, I would definitely sail with them again.

jbulterman's Full Rating Summary

Cabin EXTERIOR SUPERIOR 4096

Met my expectations with a king bed, enough space and a good bathroom. Great housekeeping. We slept very well.

jbulterman