MSC Sinfonia Cruise Review

Utterly disappointing

MSC Sinfonia Cruise Review by CCoetzee

• Sail Date: Apr 2017
  • Destination: Africa

We booked this trip for my 40th birthday, we were so excited, the kids could not wait. We have family members who have been on cruises and they were telling us about all the choices of food and you will eat so much. Well unfortunately our food experience was anything but great in fact it was utterly disappointing. The first evening we dined in the restaurant, the portions was very small and not really tasty. The second evening we tried the buffet (if you can call it that), even more disappointing, there was no carvery, no seafood in fact the only meat for the evening was minced meat with peas and potatoes, which tasted awful.

We boarded the Friday morning at 11, luckily a lot of people told me to pack the kids swimsuits in my hand luggage and it was a great day so they could start swimming right away. When I enquired about towels I was told by the pool attendant that it was in our rooms and that the rooms will only be ready by 2 the afternoon, so my kids had to sit in the sun to get dry. The afternoon's menu was burgers, the most awful burger I have ever tasted and pizza, which was only cheese and tomato and if you were lucky every 4th or 5th one had ham and olives on.

The kids entertainment area was also nothing like the pictures they have on their website, my kids kept asking me where all the games was that was on the website and I could not answer them. The Saturday evening they watched a video and some kids fell asleep during on the cold tiles, as there wasn't even a rug on the floor.

The cabins was about the only thing decent on this trip, small but at least tidy and clean and the cleaning staff was always friendly.

Overall this was a very disappointing 40th birthday trip for me.

CCoetzee's Full Rating Summary

Cabin inside cabin 9154

Cabin was clean and sufficient for our needs.

CCoetzee