Nikolay Chernishevsky Cruise Review

Wonderful churches and palaces

Nikolay Chernishevsky Cruise Review by mads44

• Sail Date: Sep 2016
  • Destination: Russia River

To travel to St.Petersburg. The ship was O.K. The cabin was alright, a few bits of chipped furniture but clean and adequate. The trips were good with very good guides. The staff were very pleasant. The entertainment was mixed but O.K. It would have been better if we had stayed in a hotel at the beginning at Moscow and then at St.Petersburg, as the boat is moored quite a distance from the towns, so it would have been nice to be able to go out in the evenings.

The thing that spoiled the trip was the food! It was poor. If I had been in a restaurant I would have sent it back to the kitchen.It would have been embarrassing to have made a big fuss as you are still going to have the same chef all the time.

The other moan was that we had to buy all the drinking water, as the water was for washing only. It was twice the price on the boat, so we bought it whenever we were out on trips. I do think that it should have been supplied free.

The food and water were the 2 things that spoiled the trip. I know of friends who have been with this company Vodohod on a different boat and if was fine, that is why we chose this company. I have written to them but no reply. I suggested that the chef should be sacked!!

mads44's Full Rating Summary

Cabin jr. suite 304

Very clean, a few bits broken above the fridge, a few chips off the wood edges. Marks on the carpet. Bed was comfortable, a bit in the narrow side.

Previous Review