Costa Pacifica Cruise Review

Costa Pacifica Cruise Review by elizabeth joyce

• Sail Date: Mar 2016
  • Destination: Transatlantic
  • Cabin Type: Inside Classic

We chose this cruise because we had just spent 8 days cruising the amazon river, we thought this would be an ideal way to return home without the long flight, My husband and I have cruised with a number of cruise companies including Costa although this was some years ago and was excellent then( it was the first cruise we had ever done). I have to say the standard now is extremely poor, regretably this is the worst cruise we have ever been on. Even low budget cruise lines offer a better experience than Costa do now.

It would appear that the line is so dedicated to saving money that customer satisfaction has been forgotten.

If you wish to have tea/coffee with your meals (apart from breakfast) you have to pay for it, no water with evening meal unless you pay for it! Coffee and tea available only between 4.00 and 5.00 pm, unless of course you wanted to pay extra for it.

The food in the dining room was very poor, and the self service restaurant rarely available in the evening. The waiter/ under waiter were very good. The food in the self service area was better although not as well organised as it could be. The area was so crowded that after you had secured a table one of your party could get theIr meal first whilst the other reserved the spot (therefore not really eating together).

The evening shows were generally poor.

The excursions are expensive but I think in line with other cruise companies,

The staff were very good although we didn't have contact with many as we are not generally interested in the entertainment.

I can see why the tips are compulsory - because a lot of passengers would be reluctant to give what is recommended after such a disappointing holiday, what appeared to be a reasonable priced cruise turned out to be quite expensive and not good value for money.

I don't usually do reviews, I think this will give you an idea of how poor this cruise was.

VERY VERY DISAPPOINTING, WE WON'T BE TRAVELING WITH COSTA AGAIN. YOUR COST CUTTING WILL COST YOU CUSTOMERS.

elizabeth joyce's Full Rating Summary

Inside Classic

cabin very good kept very clean by our cabin person

elizabeth joyce