• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

SausalitoLady
6-10 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Aug 2015
Cabin: Balcony
Me during my morning row - my favorite hobby
Me with my morning fried

Is all the staff outsourced? After our 20 hour traveling to Copenhagen to board the ship we found our stateroom dirty and disgusting. Calling the Stuart who came with the person responsible for cleaning the room I pointed out the obvious spills on the carpet, dust and wall smudges from the previous guest who apparently had sever gel on his/her head while leaning against the wall in the bed. The sofa in the room was so dirty we asked for towels to cover it. The curtain was torn, The bathroom smelled and again dirty. Do they REALLY clean the room when new guests arrive?

We were asked to leave the room while it was cleaned! long story short, we placed towels on the sofa a purchased slippers to use while we were in the room.

While the staff is very pleasant and certainly try to accommodate I don't think they are trained in their specific jobs and specifically cleanliness. They, when asked, are on a 8 month contract and it seems even the department heads or Executive Staff. It seemed that there was really no NCL Executive Staff on board other than the Captain, they all seemed to be outsourced.

Balcony